ISUZU Vehi Cross------pos? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know of a silver one that I think is cheap at $4,000 with 105k on the clock.

Anyone know any details on these?

Shane
1999vehicross.jpg
2502_0.jpg

I've seen them in the past and they look cool. A lot of plastic which makes it look cheap though. As a matter of fact I saw one yesterday and commented about it to my friend while we were drinking our girly starbucks coffees outside in the beautiful 70 deg California weather. That's right people it's 70 deg here and I'm going wakeboarding in a few hours.

Anyone have any off road experience with them?

Shane,
I have no direct experience but from what I have read they are not a POS. They were essentially hand assembled and ISUZU lost money on each one they built. They were built to a high quality standard. Visibility sucks but probably no worse than the FJC.

Fitting a SFA might prove to be a challenge though. :D

-B-

i liked the way they looked but finding parts maybe a pain and if it gets wrecked finding body parts could be really difficult a/o expensive

i also bet the blind spots are as bad as a fj cruiser

There are two driving around Anchorage that have big lifts (5 inch or more?) on them, no idea if they're readily available or some kind of custom lift tho..

They're kinda cool in an ugly duckling sort of way. They've got the last generation Trooper drivetrain (3.5L and T.O.D.). I've always been a fan of Isuzus.

Last edited:
It's hideous. Looks like a helmet.

There's just something about it.........Going to go get it now for the weekend.........

I think they are pretty neat. They are defintitely not uni-body POS like you might think upon first glance. I think they only made a few thousand of them, so sourcing replacement body parts might be tough. Many of the drivetrain parts should be readily interchangable with old troopers.

Edit: I'd say 4K is a dang good price on one if there is nothing wrong with it.

One bad little mother my man. I wheeled with ONE briefly and I test drove one once.....been hoping to get one some day but the cost is quite high. 4 grand is a steal..

Go drive it and post pictures. I cannot remember....is it the 3.2 like the rodeo........gawd I love those motors

I did two trips to Moab for Isuzu Corp. representing them on the trails with a stock truck. Each trip was 4 days long and trails all day. The VehiCross owners were a gung ho bunch and their trucks were all within a year or two of new. So I watched them wheel quite a bit and one day of each of these trips I spent an entire day on the trails with the VehiCrosses and came away impressed with their trail capabilities. We were on some fairly tough trails and they were really impressive even though most of the owners were amateurs. The vehicle more than made up for it and was easily the most trail capable Isuzu. I considered buying one myself for a while. They're unique, well built and capable - what more could you want?

Thumbs up.

DougM

I picked it up for the weekend test drive at 6:30.

Has moss on all the edges, emblems, body moldings and so on. Inside is a typical one owner non smoker Asian ladys car, it's MINT. has Recaro seats factory, but no cup holder anyplace, WTF?

Rear seats recline back, the rear door has no latch to open it as you must use the key. AWD with winter and sport options for trans/suspension.

Roof rack looks to be OE and a Yakima

100% original and needing a full tune I would think, need to find out what is needed at 100k or whats past due.

Sounds like fun. Good luck! Wish I could pick one of these up for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom