ISO 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its the manufacturers issue not the publics. You will be able to register it but will be notified by VW when and if the recall to modify or correct the issue is developed which may take many months.

Thought the issue was VW fudged the emission numbers and they weren't as clean burning as reported. Had a friend who had a Dodge diesel. He bought a performance chip that needed to be switched to pass emission. If VW had some kind of chip I couldn't see it being a problem as long as it passed emissions. Murf has already said Toyota had opted to stay out of the diesel market with their own engines basically because of the US strict restrictions on diesels. Currently planning on using a Cummings in the Tundra if they go with a diesels.

In short I thought a recall was to make it so they were cleaner burning and would pass emissions.

All I really know this is not a good time to own VW stock.

Okay paid attention tonight on the news. It's software that recognizes when the emissions computer is plugged in it gives a false "Everything working in specs reading. That is just criminal but as murf said it all falls on the manufacturer. Once a solution is implemented guessing you will be required to have it done to continuing to register your vehicle. It should be a interesting fix if the engine aren't able to meet the emissions standards at the tailpipe with true test and not just OBDII or what ever diesels have.

New gas and hybrid technology will supplant deisel. Can't get around the Nox and particulates emissions

Running reading thru this thread in chat made me think of this one. One think I'm guessing they got right Toyota will probably never import one of they own diesels. Another is CA will not even send a renewal for vehicles with outstanding recalls. Guess AZ will follow suit. So lost performance and mileage to meet emission and keep it on the road. But if they really have 40X the Nox not sure that's a bad thing.

It's not about clean air... It's about $$$. What I find funny is that a lot of these emission test facilities are privately owned. Look at prisons it's the same thing. All about the bennies

It's not about clean air... It's about $$$. What I find funny is that a lot of these emission test facilities are privately owned. Look at prisons it's the same thing. All about the bennies

:bang: If it was really just about $$$ then testing would be done state wide instead of the two metropolitan areas with brown clouds above them. The trend right now is to privatizes. Government is too big and cost too much so to the answer is to privatizes. Then people complain the companies aren't doing a good job. The answer to that is hire more government employees to watch over private business doing what is considered to be a government job.:meh:

The easiest thing to do is complain about a problem. I've had people tell me the government is so bad it needs to be over thrown. My response is what have you got in place to take over. Complaining is easy coming up with real answers that work is hard. It does bother me when I see people who won't acknowledge pollution is real problem. While the program isn't perfect it's better then doing nothing.

How Will VW Fix My Diesel Car, And When? A List Of All Models

2009-2014 Jetta TDI, Jetta SportWagen TDI

2010-2013 Golf TDI

2012-2014 Beetle TDI

2009-2013 Audi A3 TDI

These cars, which make up the bulk of Volkswagen's so-called "clean diesel" vehicles sold during model years 2009 through 2015, use the older EA189 engine but without the SCR urea-injection system.

The main new emission-control system--supposed to keep them compliant with new and more stringent limits on nitrogen oxides (NOx) that came into effect in 2008--was a Lean NOx Trap.

Other manufacturers have said privately they never understood how VW met the regulations with only that system; now we know it didn't.

This long list of vehicles will take the longest time to fix and require the most major hardware modifications. Horn said the company would also consider buying these cars back from their owners.

• HOW MANY CARS? 325,000
  • WHAT'S THE FIX? Hardware modifications, perhaps including installation of SCR (urea injection) system, updated software; possible cash payments and/or buybacks
  • WHEN WILL IT START? Late in 2016
  • HOW WILL CAR CHANGE? Unknown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom