Is this one of my nuts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This large nut was found in my driveway this morning. It is either chrome or stainless. It is either 28mm or 1-1/8" with an ID approx 22mm or 3/4". Both of our vehicles are metric but it could be from a friend's vehicle or a neighbor's bike, or ? ? ?. When found, the rounded end was fairly clean. The threads, flat faces, and bottom had a thick coating of dirt and grease as though it was a front suspension part or an engine part.

There is an "HN" marking (no quotes) on the rounded shoulder. The other 5 marks are round circle indentations.

Here are a couple of pics:

Big%20nut%20in%20driveway%20-%201.jpeg
Big%20nut%20in%20driveway%20-%202.jpeg

Any ideas?

-B-

I would be more concerned with the fact that you need a ruler to remind you to take care of yourself than if your truck is falling apart in the driveway.

Seven rules for a longer, healthier life

1. - 6. (Mundane)
7. Consume alcohol in moderation or not at all.

Who makes up this stuff?
-B-

So, it's ok to consume alcohol in a modern nation.

Cool, but what if you lived in Botswana or someplace like that?

Eduardo,
It was all greasy when my wife found it. I shined it up 'cause I thought it may need to go back on Pristine.

C-Dan sent me a PM saying it did not come off of the Cruiser. So that means my kid is riding around with a neighbor that has some giant suspension bit dangling in the wind.

Or maybe it's the part that the Lexus guy's left off DesertMaster's rig.   :D  (Just kiddin' Al, just kiddin')

-B-

I agree with Woody. You MUST see your urologist now. It could be testicular cancer - your nuts are falling off! Jeez, aren't things supposed to be crusier related here? :D

You just found one?! Check to see if the other one is still there. Then try bondo or super glue... :eek: :eek: If all else fails, just tie it on with a wire tie (not too snug please...). But dude...bad that your wife had to find it...just make like it never happened.

But to snag from another thread...original owner with S/C...he he

Was thinking it may have fallen out of Cdan's head, but now apparently one of yours' has dropped.

I'm disapointed you didn't do a better job of cleaning it up for the pics :flipoff2: &nbsp:Didn't you analyze the grease to see if it was amspoil or bike grease or cheese or anything else :slap: :bird: :moon: :urinate: :dump: :D

Seriously, looks like it belongs to a bike. Right now your kid is probably cussing you out :D .... or going real fast down a hill :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just hope it's not from a UPS truck, because we can't live without those. :flipoff2: - chuck it out then wait and see what falls apart :D

It looks like nut that holds the axle to a Made In China bike. When the other one falls off, get the camcorder and film it and send to Fox for one of their Worlds Greatest Crashes shows
kurt

We're talking a big nut guys. 28mm or 1-1/8"

It's not a bike axle nut but it might be one that holds the front fork to the frame. Wouldn't someone notice if their bike was missing that one?

With the amount of grease on it (BTW it was generic dino HD grease) I think it came from the front suspension. It's not a lug nut.

-B-

I know I have see the nut some where. Maybe on a motorcycle, my old "78 XT500, lots of grease.
kurt

:D better stop letting those '03 H2 Hummers park in your driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad for business-

The mystery continues. Nothing has fallen apart. Nobody has claimed it. The shiny nut lies quietly on my keyboard.
-B-

Maybe Cdan drove by your loveshack and tossed in your driveway just so you'd have something to ponder. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom