Is this a Cruiser part ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
So I picked up somemore Cruiser stuff today and I still have not had time to go thru everything but I found this light and thought it might be something from an early Cruiser Thanks there is a number it says Stanley 018-3240 Japan
DSCN4020.jpg
DSCN4021.jpg
DSCN4022.jpg

It looks like the early optional reverse light. Can you open it up and check the wattage of the bulb. Just put it with the Koito head light. Any chance you could the head light safely out to Iowa for transpot back to AZ? Are your transport means traveling thru AZ?

It looks like the early optional reverse light. Can you open it up and check the wattage of the bulb. Just put it with the Koito head light. Any chance you could the head light safely out to Iowa for transpot back to AZ? Are your transport means traveling thru AZ?

John I think I will just hang onto it for awhile and no I wont be going thru AZ this trip. I will take it apart tommorow and see what the blub looks like

what years would this have been an option??

Cool score Rob!!

Not sure it is really the optional reverse light. But a reverse light was a option as early as the FJ25s. With the 68 model the reverse light was standard and mounted on the rear corner of the tub. The reverse light was controled by at switch mounted to the end of the column by the steering box from 68 thru 72 models. It used a used a U bolt to attach the switch. This switch should work on vehicles back to mid 63. It may even work with earlier three speed. How it was operated on the FJ25's four speed is a mystery. It may have been a manual switch to turn it on.

Found a picture of the early reverse light and it looks different. The other thing that is different is Toyota was already using Koito lights for the FJ25. The Stanley makes me think it not OEM for Land Cruiser
FJTSB072.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I know it wasn't resolved. If it was a option part probably would have had Koito on the lens. This also looks a little like the lamps that Australia used on the of some FJ40s in the early seventies. But those may have been more rounded. Would have to look at some of my old FSM for the FJ40 to see if the wiring for the optional reverse is even in there. In the US market I serious doubt that any wiring for a reverse light would be there prior to the 68 model (9/67?) when they were standard. Think the prior to 68 flashers were more common.

No idea on the Stanley, but it would have been appropriate aftermarket for the area and time.

For some reason I started hoarding these, ran across the box while digging. Not confirmed if they are correct or not but I do remember seeing the L1120 lens number referenced in a parts book or other lit. Anyhow, they are from the S211/311 Fairlady from the same time frame, these from '67. The red is likely a rear fog.
20151116_180456.jpg
20151116_180556.jpg
20151116_180511.jpg
20151116_180539.jpg

That looks identical to the one in the Toyota bulletin.

Every FJ40 and FJ45 harness I have including a 1965 FJ45 has the Red/Blue wire for the reverse light in the rear chassis harness going to the bullet connector(s) that the trailer plug/switch combo plugged into. My belief is that the Koito reverse light shown above plugged into this bullet connector to provide the reverse light function on trucks that had the reverse switch and wiring installed.

I'm doing a FJ45LV harness and noted that this truck had no reverse lights from the factory. Knowing most folks would like to have reverse lights but want to stay all OEM when doing a restoration, this is how they would do it. If doing a concours level restoration this would pass as documentation could be provided showing this was a factory option.

No idea on the Stanley, but it would have been appropriate aftermarket for the area and time.

For some reason I started hoarding these, ran across the box while digging. Not confirmed if they are correct or not but I do remember seeing the L1120 lens number referenced in a parts book or other lit. Anyhow, they are from the S211/311 Fairlady from the same time frame, these from '67. The red is likely a rear fog.View attachment 1163251View attachment 1163253View attachment 1163254View attachment 1163255

Do we know the nissan part number for these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom