Ironman 4X4 suspension lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just picked up coils for all four corners shipped for 250!!! I had to give them a try. I'll probably wait till spring to put them on but ordered them last night. I will update with pics sometime soon.

Just picked up coils for all four corners shipped for 250!!! I had to give them a try. I'll probably wait till spring to put them on but ordered them last night. I will update with pics sometime soon.

How are you planning to adjust your caster angle?

I would imagine that the reason that most Venezuelans go OME is because Funrace limits tire size to 33"s and the OME kit is plenty to fully stuff 33"s. Then there is the price issue, an OME kit of $700 is less than half of the Ironman $1800 6" kit. Just a thought.

Ironman has kits from 2.5" and above. They dont just sell 6"+ kits. I had a 1993 FZJ80 with a 3.5" Ironman suspension installed. Now I have a 2004 FZJ80

Here is my Old FZJ80 with the 3.5" kit
a_142.jpg

a_92.jpg

Here is my 4.5" for you guys! They are extremely high quality. no complaints on my side!

The Springs:
attachment.php

The Shocks:
attachment.php

attachment.php

A Close up:
attachment.php

Other views:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Caster Correction:
attachment.php

Pictures of a 7-8" that is runnig around here in CCS
DSC02550.jpg
DSC02547.jpg

Last edited:
jrjarrett, you should definitely post up some sort of review for these springs! has anybody had experience with some sort of other springs ( other them oem ) to compare these with?!? just curious if they re worse just because theyre cheaper?

I've fitted a few of the ironman packages, 3 of the suspension and one of the bullbars. I honestly can say you get what you pay for. These are horribly valved shocks, poor quality springs that sagged within first 3 months to be lower then standard.
The bullbar was a 2 day nightmare and in the end I refused to finish fitting it due to poor mounting design and bad quality. Save your money, spend it once, spend it right.

I have to say I disagree with Mutley's assessment. I have had experience wit these suspensions and I find them to be of an extremely high quality. On road, the ride is very stable, and in control (no wobbles or swaying what so ever). Depending of hight and load of the suspension it will be smother on roads. My 3.5" was smoother on road than the 4.5" Off road, the ride is simply excellent. I think it is better off road than on road, but then again thats probably what it was made for!

Mutley's opinion is clearly biased since he's an official distributory of TJM stuff. You can rarely trust the opinion of a competitor.

I would love to hear some more opinions about this setup.

I would also like to see some comparisons of this suspension system compared to the OME lifts and the FOR lifts.

budget is my key...

They should arrive soon. I wont have time to do anything for a few weeks, but I'm really trying to do this on a budget. I waited and waited and finally found a great shock deal on Edelbroak IAS shocks - I think I got some of the last stock they had but they are guaranteed for about $120 for all 4 (rated up to 3" of lift).

So if these <$250 springs turn out even okay, I'll be smiling. The Edelbrocks are stiff and I expect these to be too. Its a 19 year old truck that is my hobby and I'll deal with it.

I've done almost all the work on my truck myself and though trying at times its been rewarding.

Jeff....

Ironman 4x4 (from camel4x4)

Springs Installed
2* Caster Bushings Installed

I have to say I'm genuinely impressed. Both the front and rear I went for the lightest duty they had +140lbs / TOY024B (F) & +440lbs / TOY013B. I opted to just do the cc at the same time and went with the ironman 2* bushings.

I already had new shocks that Edelbrock guaranteed would work for up to 3" of lift.

My local shop was really impressed at not having to do any alignment after all was said and done. Zero!

It's probably because the stock coils were just shot but the truck drives significantly better, straigter, and with little to no 'yaw' anymore.

At the pricepoint of 228 for 4 coils and 88 for CC with free shipping. I pulled off a 2.5 to 3" lift for < $400!

I'm satisfied and recommend the camel 4x4 guys. Very quick and efficient. Even appologized for only getting the stuff to me 3 days after I ordered (no shipping charges) becasue of the snow storm.

He doesn't stock all of the ironman stuff but if you view their full catalog online and see something you want he5 can price it and have it on his next load from OZ.

5 stars!

Congrats dude! Could you please tell us the IAS shock p/ns? I'm not able to come up with them on their site.

thanks.

Hi,there is another disrtibutor in Puerto Rico that will sell to usa,good quality,excelent warranty,good prices,when you have the chance,try it,if you are in USA,ask Camel 4x4,thanks.

Hi,there is another disrtibutor in Puerto Rico that will sell to usa,good quality,excelent warranty,good prices,when you have the chance,try it,if you are in USA,ask Camel 4x4,thanks.

Hey bud, if you really are an ironman rep, then welcome.

i suggest you buy a redstar and become an "official" vender/ rep.

thanks for posting, and thanks for more options for our 80's.

ACC is an Ironman Dealer, we have installed 11 of these lifts.
We are very impressed with the quality of the parts and the quality of service that we have gotten from Ironman , so much so that I took my old lift off and installed an Ironman lift on my rig.
So far we have installed Ironman suspension on 1 40, 3 60s, 1 62, 1 70, 2 80s, 1 100, and 1 GX470, cant say enough about the quality of this product.
We are about to test out the Ironman 9500 winch, (we will let you know)
This week we will be installing the first Ironman 100 series Comercial deluxe bumper in the US, Eli will be here to take pictures and to see how the fitment goes. Eli cares about his product and is always looking for input from the people using his product. If you don't see what your looking for on line, call us or drop us an e-mail, you'll be surprised at the amount of inventory that he has.

Brian
ACC

So far we have installed Ironman suspension on 1 40, 3 60s, 1 62, 1 70

Brian
ACC

I have an Ironman kit (springs & shocks) for my 45 that I half installed many moons ago (about 10 years ago) and it was a horrible fit. It seemed as if the springs were perhaps too short, resulting in very bad shackle angles.
I hope the newer stuff has solved this issue, as I've heard from a few local sources they had the the same issues with older Ironmans they had tried out.

I have an Ironman kit (springs & shocks) for my 45 that I half installed many moons ago (about 10 years ago) and it was a horrible fit. It seemed as if the springs were perhaps too short, resulting in very bad shackle angles.
I hope the newer stuff has solved this issue, as I've heard from a few local sources they had the the same issues with older Ironmans they had tried out.

I put an Ironman 2" lift on my brother's 78 FJ40 and it was direct fit with no fiddling about. Rides great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom