Builds IPOR built 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From the last 2 days.
PA020209_3.jpg
PA020188_2.jpg
PA040019.jpg

The first 1 is some of mother nature's pin striping.

The last 2 are of the old lady working with the ICON/Total Chaos suspension.

sbly
PA040030_2.jpg
PA040047.jpg
PA040048.jpg

You guys are the best. We all love seeing the truck being used. Hope all is going well. See you soon. Oh yeh the truck looks great.

Cam

Members of the year! :)

I registered simply to say that I'm horribly jealous!

camp stove

who makes the camp stove platform that seems to connect via straps to the rear tire carrier? Do you like it?

str8nm,

The stove platform is nothing more then a modified deer stand. We used it during our Colorado trip multiple times with no problems.

sbly

nice to see the 200 out playing...I think the old lady gets more articulation than you :grinpimp:

can you explain or give me a pic of the modifications necessary. I am sure I can figure it out, but if I had a picture it may help (as well as having your experience) on picking something out that will work. I appreciate it. By the way, my white 80 was there during your build, we ended up with a lot of the same stuff/ equipment.

Update #7

We got the jerry can holder mounted and moved the Hi-lift jack to the bumper. The Expedition One Geri cans are a little loose, but with the addition of a spacer I think I can tighten them up.

str8nm - I will get you some pic's of the tire table (deer stand) tomorrow. Was the white 80 with the ARB tent yours?

bkfj40 - I will have to agree with you on the old lady, that's a farm girl for you.

sbly
PA140009.jpg
PA140008.jpg
PA140010.jpg

It takes some balls to get a new rig out there and properly pin striped like that. I know I about ripped the lower control arm off my FJC the first time I took it out and people looked at me like I was crazy.

Great rig. I may have missed it but do you have plans for a nav system (i.e. Lowrance Baja unit or similar)?

str8nm,

This is what I did for the tire table (AKA a deer stand):

Only installed one support wire - this allows side access to the table.
Didn't installed the seat material that came with the stand, instead I installed a white piece of plastic to the seat as a smaller table for cooking items.
Zip tied a piece of foam as a buffer between the base of the stand and the tire.
Installed a Bow holder to hold the propane bottle when it is attached to the stove.
Use a second strap to secure the top of the stand to the tire.

I hope this helps, if you need anything else just let me know.

sbly
PA200011.jpg

sbly: love that redneck engineering with the tree stand!

M1911,

Yea I know, I am going to try and find a way to mount it into the receiver end of the tire carrier.

sbly

Heres a question nobody bothered to ask but, how does the engine cope with all these goodies?

007-FJC,

I have had no problems so far.

Gauges - Still read the same as before all the mods.
Power - Still plenty of horsepower both with and without the tent. No issues driving thru the mountains of Colorado, and no problems hitting 75 mph on the interstates in Nebraska.
MPG - Getting about 14 on the highway and 12 in town.
Reliability - We will see.

During the 10k maintenance the Toyota tech's said they hadn't seen any sign of wear from the mods or offroad driving.

sbly

Thats excellent news.

Really nice build up! The truck looks awesome.
I like the rack on the spare, cool idea.

You can get specific mounts for those ATV gas cans. They fit in the slots and you can clamp or weld to your exisiting mount there.

FirstToy,

I am now looking at how I can attach the table directly to the spare tire mount rather then the spare tire. If you have any ideas I am all ears.

Where can I find the gas can mounts?

sbly

sbly,
this is what I did on mine, except I use a metal basket instead of your flip table.
I think I will add the table though, it's a neat idea.

the ATV gas/water tank mounts are kolpin (or several others have some). That's what all those pill-shaped slots are for in the tanks.
For example,
Kolpin ATV Pack Mount At Parker Yamaha Com

or maybe it can give you ideas for your own
001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom