Builds IPOR built 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mobi, sbly,

That is cool! Never seen that before. Thanks for the replies.

ChuckB,

No problem, next I think we are going to look at running an extension for the compressor. So this way, once again I wouldn't need to open the hood to use it.

JB,

I have sent Vince (IPOR) an email about the dual batts. I hope he will be able to explain the process he used for the batts. I am overseas and have not seen my truck since the first mods went on. All I have seen is the same pictures that I posted and what my wife has described to me. So unfortunately, I am a poor source of information at this time.

i have replied to sbly explaining how it is setup.

i will let him post the reply.

the seperator is a sure power 1315-200

i would be glad to answer any other questions regarding the build of sbly's 200.

next I think we are going to look at running an extension for the compressor. So this way, once again I wouldn't need to open the hood to use it.

I did this for my compressor as well. I have a QD in the hijack point on the front bumper. I also have a 25' coil hose that connects there and can reach all the tires. Works very well. These new ARB compressors are pretty fast too. Takes only a few minutes per tire to fill back up to 35psi.

JB,

I hope this helps.

The batt under the hood is for everything(all orig. electronics, all lights, and both rear outlets)

the batt in the bumper is setup as just a jump start battery.

the batt under the hood is larger than stock by far, the battery in the bumper is rated the same as the stock battery.

the seperator connects the two when the voltage on the primary battery reaches 13.8V, and disconnects the two when below 13.8V.

So when the vehicle is running, the alternator maintains both batteries

In the situation when the primary battery goes dead, then the momentary switch can be pushed to manually connect the two batteries, via voltage of the Aux. battery.

Thanks Vince

Missing one component - SNORKEL! Needs more snorkel; and yes they do make them for the 200.

All in all one stellar build - true it must be viewed in person to appreciate, preferably when the IPOR shop temeprature is 96 degrees or higher giving the full jungle-outback effect.

ChuckB,

This is what the jumper cable connector looks like.

JB,

Would it be safe to say that you would recommend the compressor QD connector?

Sbly
P8150123.jpg

Update #5

This is the first time we have opened our ARB Simpson III RTT. I have to say the set-up was quick and easy, and the packing was just as quick.

Sbly
P8150112.jpg
P8150111.jpg
P8150114.jpg

That is freaking awesome!

Yes, I would recommend a QD in the front. IPOR could easily collect either an air manifold or simply a "T" and run a few foot hose to the front. I have mine loose in there, but I will mount it one day.

If I was comparing the looks of this baby to a type of dog I would have to say you have a Pug, that has the abilities of a Pitbull. Congrats.

What did the neighbors think?

How did the 12lb attack beast like the tent?

Looks good all setup!!

P.S. Prob wouldn't set the jumper cable clamps on the bumper like that with them plugged in. "sparky sparky"

The neighbors have seen us go thru 5 vehicles in 2 years so they know the drill; smile and wave boys, just smile and wave.

Yea I'm with you on the clamps, I thought I would be okay with the rubber grips on the clamps.

The 200 without the RTT.

If you are wondering, removing the tent with your wife is like herding cats or pushing sand thru a screen with your tongue. It can be done but it's going to take awhile.

Sbly
P8160127.jpg

Lookin good!
I'm guessing your wife didn't enjoy helping you with the un-install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom