Builds IPOR built 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tucan,

How's your suspension holding up? I ask because I have followed your write-ups here on mud and you have definitely run your truck harder then I run mine.

Aren't the 285/70R17 KM2s about 32.8"?

sbly

Hi,

According to BF Goodrich's web page they are 33". Never bothered to confirm.

My suspension is holding fine. But I must confess I'm a real weight watching maniac when it comes to loading any of my vehicles. As a rule, before any trip, I think twice, may three times before taking anything with me. I don't own an RTT or place anything on the roof, as I feel it detracts from my driving pleasure. I've even removed the rear seats before long trips in order to reduce weight.

Therefore, my truck's suspension probably sees little punishment no matter where I take it.

Well this weekend we did two separate trips, Saturday we headed to Mount St. Helens and Sunday we made it into the Olympic National Forest. On the Mount St. Helens trip we averaged 15 MPG on the interstate. This is about a 2 MPG increase over our old Toyo tires. With a total of about 750 miles on the new BFG KM2s and 723 ARB springs I have to say so far so good.

Bloo, thanks for the recommendation on the tires.
IMG_2015.jpg
IMG_2056.jpg
IMG_2048.jpg

The 200 sits real nice! Glad your experience with the tire/suspension change has been good. I have to admit the changes to the roof rack really make the hot rod look a lot cleaner, yet still retains the functionality for cargo/RTT hauling.

Vince gives it 2 thumbs up - really likes the roof rack modification, too.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply sbly; 55k on original brakes with all the extra weight you have I think is good!!

I just want to take a quick second and say thank you to all the guys who provided insight on building a 200 series Cruiser.

The wife and I are looking at getting an RV in the future, so I ended up trading in my Cruiser the other day on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

Once again thanks for all the help.

Sbly

Our last trip to the Redwood National Forrest.
PB140014.jpg

Wow. Somebody is going to get a bloody great truck thanks to your passion for excellence. I hope they appreciate it.

Hope you enjoy the new rig too. Good luck and thank you too.

Completely agree with Billfish!!

Just wondering - with the 17in TRD rims, did you have to do any mods (spacers etc) to get them to fit the 200? I still reckon they are the best looking rims out there in that size for a 200. Being in Australia I haven't seen any like it around - I'm assuming that importing would be the only option to get them over here.

sbly,
Thanks for sharing so much about your build and about your adventures. And a special thanks for all of the pictures. We've only had our 200 for six months, but I have always enjoyed your posts.

Best wishes for the next adventure!

Jon

sbly we will miss you but I think you will be back lol its a jeep thing and I think you will understand in a little while. I wheel with a bunch a jeeps and have been a jeep owner before. Incase you are still around what made you switch over??? your opinion would be much appreciated.

My guess would be he switched because a JK is towable 4 wheels down behind a motorhome. That is why I had one. I will tow the 200, but it will be on a trailer and I can say for a fact that a trailer with a long motorhome is not much fun in tight camping spots.

The reason why I made the change was that the old lady wants to get an RV down the road. The Cruiser was just to big and heavy to tow behind a 23'-24' RV. Here is the Jeep with the AEV 2.5" lift and BFG tires.
photo.jpg

I just read through your whole thread today. Amazing truck and some great trips. Are you going to build up the JK also or leave it as is?

thanks for the reply sbly! good luck I kind of thought it was the size plus even if you go with out the rv and towing size is definitely a factor. upgrading the jeep will be easier on your wallet. good luck hope to see you on the road or at an expo sometime

SBLY,

Sad to see the 200 go! At least you got to use it to its fullest. The time has come to start another project/chapter and compare. Have fun with the new rig and keeping the young lady;) happy (good man). The new rig looks ready for some serious mods. Doors off :steer: and 37" Toyo MT's look so nice on the JK's. Have fun with it and don't be a stranger now that you have a Rubicon.

Eric :cheers:

We added a few new scratches, but outside of that, the truck worked well on the trails in the Tahuya State Forrest. With the Toyo M/T tires aired down to 25psi it had no problems going up, over or thru any of the trails.

Pardon my stupidity, but can anyone explain why I can no longer post any pictures. All I get is a blue question mark symbol when I attempt to upload my pictures.

sbly

awesome truck!!! let me know if ya head back out to Tahuya again, would love to tag along!:cheers:

just read all the way through this thread, wow, what an awesome thread, just read ya sold the rig.... wow... what a cool thread, I gotta get out more!!!

I just want to take a quick second and say thank you to all the guys who provided insight on building a 200 series Cruiser.

The wife and I are looking at getting an RV in the future, so I ended up trading in my Cruiser the other day on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

Once again thanks for all the help.

Sbly

Our last trip to the Redwood National Forrest.

Can you give some info on what you had in your 200? Cost of 200 and cost of mod's?

jgray - The 200 will be there with it's new ARB rear bumper.

uzj100 - The course was just for my wife and I, but we did drive one of their 80 series trucks.

We only used the Crawl Control in the beginning and it worked as advertised. But it takes a minute to get used to the noise and the feeling of the vehicle dry puking on the hill.

Sbly- For the first page and a bit of post, your pictures are not showing... Am I missing something? I too would like to see your pics. Cheers

Great looking vehicle! I also have a black LC (2009). She's completely stock, but after one year of ownership I'm about to venture into some modifications (wheels/tires first, then a lift). It's great to see what's possible!
Jetstream23- I have the same truck as you in both color and year. I'm also at the same point as you. Looking at Method Racing wheels "Mesh" , matte black model with Toyo AT IIs mounted.
What are you looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom