IPF headlight wire harness question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

where did you mount the relays in the engine compartment? I am thinking of getting one for my 60.

Here is a pic of how I mounted my relays... different harness but same idea. I just used a sheet of aluminum, alodined it to help with corrosion etc. Then bolted it to the existing bolt you see in the pic.

Hope this helps!
100_0061.jpg

Here is a pic of how I mounted my relays... different harness but same idea. I just used a sheet of aluminum, alodined it to help with corrosion etc. Then bolted it to the existing bolt you see in the pic.

Hope this helps!

Thanks man that helps! I went ahead and ordered one since I got the IPF lenses for x-mas.

Dylan

you will LOVE it

You're gonna LOVE being able to see again...make sure you aim them correctly, though.

Thats my next mod!

Dynosoar :zilla:

One minor question, did you just leave the driver side headlamp plug dangling

Yes... the difference is amazing isn't it? One of my favorite mods so far.

:cheers:

the way I understand it, is that any harness that will handle the lights more efficiently is better. Most stock wiring harnesses are only sufficient for low wattage standard sealed beams at best and 'under-gauged'. You probably won't see a huge difference between h4s on a stock harness vs. an aftermarket relay'd thick gauged harness if you are running standard output bulbs. I would however say that anything over a 60-70 watt low and respectively higher wattage highs would demand a better harness.

HTH

Dylan

I upgraded to Hella 7" Round E Code H4 Halogen Headlight Kit with Standard 60/55W H4 Bulbs a couple of days ago and I want to upgrade the harness also. I went to the Cruiser Outfitters site but I couldn't find the harness. MetalTech is having a cyber Monday sale. They have the harness for around 80$. I need to make sure it's the same one; I want my bright light indicator to work with my high beams on.
The light upgrade was an easy swap. Probably took about 40 minutes.

It's been a few days since I completed this mod. I do notice a big difference between stock and this set up. Part of the difference may be due to the stock lights were "old" and not adjusted correctly. It is nice to see at night. The new harness arrived a couple of days ago and I hope to install it this Saturday.

I installed the new harness tonight and took a spin around the block. There is a noticeable difference with the headlight upgrade and the new harness. I actually didn't realize how poor stock lights were. I need to adjust the lights next. Low beam seems to be about right but high beam is too high. I've watched several you tube videos on the best way to adjust them. I hope to get to that tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom