IPF headlight wire harness question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just installed the IPF/ARB headlight harness along with IPF headlights on my FJ60. wow. what a difference. It's a worthwhile upgrade and really easy, for sure. I actually got 70/65 bulbs - they are BRIGHT. (maybe too bright for DD?) After I really aim them I'll have a better idea - finished last night, kinda late.

Everything works fine, but there's an extra connector from the relays (red/black wires). Did I miss something or is that for a four-headlight setup?

thanks.

read diagram

It sure did, easy to follow instructions, and diagram shows the plug, but no mention of it for the hook up, everthing works fine. So, I guess I was just double-checking.

Oh yeah - real easy to install, plug and play. there are special "4WD Toyota" instructions so be sure to follow that. BIG difference.

It sure did, easy to follow instructions, and diagram shows the plug, but no mention of it for the hook up, everthing works fine. So, I guess I was just double-checking.

Oh yeah - real easy to install, plug and play. there are special "4WD Toyota" instructions so be sure to follow that. BIG difference.

Just a guess, but is it possible they could be pigtails for fog and driving lights?

hmmm....could very well be.

There's a good chance of that. they call it the Y-Plug or something like that, but no other mention of it.

There's a good chance of that. they call it the Y-Plug or something like that, but no other mention of it.

I'd see what it's connected to. If there's one connected to the low beam circuit and one connected to the high beam circuit, then that'd be the case.

Any chance you could post some pics of the install?

Where did you order yours from. I'm planning on upgrading my headlights very soon.

I have the lights on my F/350 - the extra pigtail is for tying them into your highbeams on some installs -

Watch the bolt where they connect to the frame or light bar...around that area I have stress fractures all over and they wobble.

I was going to write a comparison between my two sets of IPF's and my KC's...need to get to that...

The IPF's will outshine the KC's in the short run but the KC's have the lasting power...

I paid $600 for one set of IPF's (930's) and they are awesome bright lights that are junk after eight months of use...

I paid $340 with stone guards for the 960's and when i sold the truck they were still great - BGNDN can tell ya if they still work...

My KC's I paid $149 for and they are still awesome...

Moral of the story is...I like the 960's best for the money -
But the KC's outshine/outlast in the long run...

thanks...and some more info.

Since everything works great, I'm not really worried anymore.

I'll try to snap some pics tonight when I get home. The install was reeeeaaallly easy.

1. pulled the headlight doors off to replace the lights.
2. laid the harness out
3. attached th relays to the PS fender in front of the hood hinge.
4. attached one connector to the existing PS headlight socket from the OEM harness and the other to the new headlight.
5. ran the harness to the DS and wire tied it up.
6. Plugged in the lights, Power, ground.
7. replaced the headlight doors, etc.
8. turned on the Cruiser, then the lights.
9. Ooo'd and aaaah'd over the intensely bright light.

10. MUST aim them tonight!!

I got my IPF replacement headlight globes from 4wheelsupply (not 4wheelparts), the bulbs from Daniel Stern Lighting (70/65), and the Harness from our friend Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters.

It's BRIGHT, great beam pattern. If you are doing the 80/100...WOW. that's gonna be some LIGHT! I now don't think I need AUX. driving lights for a while.

HTH.

The extra connector is for the 4 headlight systems... :D You can buy another IPF harness (~$50) that plugs right into the M002 harness and runs a 4 light system :cool: Not needed for your application ;)

Thanks Kurt!

thanks Kurt!

It was as easy, if not easier than you said on the phone with me!!

It's a GREAT upgrade - highly recommended to anyone.

BUSTED! (mini-hi-jack of my own thread)

You got me!! you are soooo right....but I needed the instant gratification, and had only an hour at my disposal. There's always next weekend! ;)

OH...and nice lookin' bumpers. whoever put them together for ya' sure know his stuff!

You got me!! you are soooo right....but I needed the instant gratification, and had only an hour at my disposal. There's always next weekend! ;)

So take the excess cruiser lean into consideration when you aim those headlights :D

OH...and nice lookin' bumpers. whoever put them together for ya' sure know his stuff!

Don't I recall you had some winnings to negotiate for more fabbing?

BTW, good seeing you last week, we gotta wheel together sometime :cool:

sorry - pics are basically worthless...

Everything's buttoned back up, I wired things up nicely so not much is visible.

BUT....using your imagination: I screwed the relays into the fender well, ran wires to Batt., then just plug-n-play. really. it's that easy. I'm about a 1-2 banana tinkerer. No brainer.

I adjusted the lights last night, This is a Mod I HIGHLY recommend. The beam pattern is great. Nice Horizontal cutoff, with a slight rise at the right-side of the beam (looking out through the driver's seat). Great. great. great.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom