Introductions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for posting. We will be having a meeting the second Tuesday of every month. We are also trying to organize a trail ride for 25th or 26th of this month. Check out the thread. We'd love to have you get involved! I've seen your rig around town...sweet ride!

Hey Foreigner! Glad to see you post up. Hopefully the Seafoam treatment and just driving clears up the smoking. Come on out to the next meeting!

Kyle Stinson here! I do not have a LC but I did have am 89 Toy P/U and now have a 98 4runner, I was introduced to this via the TLCA start up here in Bozeman.

Hey Foreigner! Glad to see you post up. Hopefully the Seafoam treatment and just driving clears up the smoking. Come on out to the next meeting!

I've been driving it daily for about 2 weeks now and I rarely notice. I had about a 1/3 pint of Seafoam that I added to the oil, then changed it a few days later. Don't know if that accomplished anything or not. :meh: The oil it drips all over is more annoying. I'm assuming it's the oil pan seal, since that seems to be problematic.

We drove over to Dillon and back today, our first longish trip without incident. It's great to drive; nice and tight compared to the drunken feel of my Patrol. ;)

Kyle Stinson here! I do not have a LC but I did have am 89 Toy P/U and now have a 98 4runner, I was introduced to this via the TLCA start up here in Bozeman.

Hey Kyle, welcome to the Mudness. You have 4Runner photos would be welcome additions here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/artistic-cruiser-pics.108545/ :D

Last edited:
Nope, haven't had the time. After Thursday, I have a couple weeks with no plans and may get on it then.

I also have zero mechanicking tools right now (they went to Bolivia), so I need to pick a few things up. Do you have a timing light?

Last edited:
Yes. The oil pan is installed originally with Toyota FIPG Gray and is not very likely to leak. I would change the oring first and maybe clean the front of the motor off to see if there are other leaks such as the front main seal.

The oil pan is installed originally with Toyota FIPG Gray and is not very likely to leak.

I've got a significant leak out the back, which I assume (hope) is the rear arch seal on the upper pan, as detailed here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/oil-pan-arch-seal.83030/

I'm going to do a good degrease of both front and back, so I can see what I've got. As far as I know at this point, this is still just a temporary vehicle for us, so I don't know how crazy I want to get with it. Dizzy, yes, oil pan. . .maybe not. ;)

I have a potential job oppportunity in Bozeman and posted over in Chat looking for intel on the area here. @Foreigner pointed me over here. So as not to clutter things up too much, I won't duplicate the posting here, but would appreciate any intel on housing costs, etc. I would appreciate it.

My name is sam, and I have a Land Cruiser problem ... ;)

I've got a significant leak out the back, which I assume (hope) is the rear arch seal on the upper pan, as detailed here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/oil-pan-arch-seal.83030/

I'm going to do a good degrease of both front and back, so I can see what I've got.

Good idea. My experience on Japanese vehicles is that the rubber seals in orings, valve covers, and oil seals typically fail long before RTVs. That being said, you may have found the exception to the rule.

Hi guys, Jon Bundrant here. I am a life long Toyota fanatic and just found out about this Big Sky Cruisers section here today. I live in the Bitterroot Valley and I am always going out somewhere to wheel or camp. I am hoping to get involved with the new TLCA chapter in Bozeman when it gets going. Looking forward to meeting some Montana cruiser guys!

Thanks!
Here is a picture of my FJ 40 that I have been working on!
2015-03-292017.19.00_zpsdfertwtk.jpg

Welcome Jon! Good talking with you yesterday. Looking forward to your involvement with our Montana TLCA chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom