**Introduction** COMEUP Winch (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Head is definitely damaged:

image.jpeg

Shipping box looked fine to me.

I've contact Trail Tailor to see how we'll deal with the damage.

Head is definitely damaged:

View attachment 1180198

Shipping box looked fine to me.

I've contact Trail Tailor to see how we'll deal with the damage.

I've already talked with ComeUp as soon as I heard of the potential issue. The replacement part has already been pulled and will be shipped out.

Sorry for the inconvenience O,

Jason

Thanks to the folks at @COMEUP and @reevesci I received a new brake clutch cover.

Swapping it out was easy: 3 long bolts.

While I had the cover off, I also clocked the brake clutch assy about 45 degrees to get the controls into a position where I could use them when installed into the ARB. That's another 6 bolts or so.

IMG_2907.JPG

You can see here the difference between the Warn M8000 and the ComeUp winch. Comeup is a bit longer. But the fitment into the ARB is close. Tight actually. But it fits.

IMG_2900.JPG

Installation was a straight forward winch installation. Not rocket science.

IMG_2909.JPG

The controller install was straight forward as well. I'm not a big fan of the worm clamp method of installation of the controller but didn't have much option on this one. There was no bracket to install the controller as there is with the Warn--direct fit into some predrilled holes in the ARB.

The + cable **barely** made it to the far + terminal on the first battery closest to the fire wall. For future reference, if ComeUp makes that cable maybe 6-8" longer it will be golden. Again, this is on a 24V RHD BJ70 where the batteries are both on the LH side of the truck (vs the split orientation of European spec BJ7x's as well as 13B-T powered trucks). The negative cable was adequate in length.

Personally some sheathing on the positive wire would be ideal and I am going to add my own at a later date considering how it is routed to protect the + cable.

Otherwise, nothing else much to report. I am happy with the customer service and I hope to utilize the winch in the near future.

Best regards.
-onur

Onur-I'll make you a new cable. How long do you need it and what ends do you want on it?

You can see here that the terminal end is a bit short:

IMG_2911.JPG

This is the fully extended length. I could not route it any other way the way that it was hence my extension to route it correctly and out of the way of the top of the batteries and more correctly routed behind the batteries along the fender skirt.

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2914.JPG

Do you need help choosing the right circuit breaker for your winch? Take a look at the latest post to the COMEUP blog and it should give you some good information.
How to choose the right circuit breaker for your winch?

....so..... how would I determine the current draw of my winch then? It is noted on the packaging for the winch? (I will go up in the shop and look), but I would guess that most people would buy the circuit breaker at the same time that they order the winch, so finding that information easily on the website would be helpful. I've checked the various flavors of my winch, and none of them seem to include that information on the "product" page.

Dan

....so..... how would I determine the current draw of my winch then? It is noted on the packaging for the winch? (I will go up in the shop and look), but I would guess that most people would buy the circuit breaker at the same time that they order the winch, so finding that information easily on the website would be helpful. I've checked the various flavors of my winch, and none of them seem to include that information on the "product" page.

Dan
Thank you for your question. There are tables with all the figures, including Amp draw for each winch on our primary website.
Seal Gen2 9.5rs / 9,500 lb Self-recovery winch with Synthetic rope and wireless remote control

For example, here's the table for the SEAL 9.5rs

That info isn't currently posted on our USA website. We'll look to correct that.

Dan

Dan here is the chart for your 12.5rs

Jason

12.5RS amp draw.png

Hey all, I'm trying to get info on the differences between the DV-9i and the SEAL Gen2 9.5i. I've been trying to research but it's been tough with lack of owner reviews. I get the SEAL's fancy perks (intelligence dashboard...). Will the DV not hold up to weather or water submersion? They are both rated at 9K pulling but I've heard the DV isn't as strong as the SEAL. This will be mounted in an ARB bull bar on my heavy 80.

Thanks for the help.

@estoddart Here's the spec pages for both winches. The DV is still weather/water resistant, but lower horsepower motor and gearing also isn's as low as the SEAL. Few other minor differences.
DV-9si
DV-9si, 12V WINCH

Seal Gen 2 9.5i
SEAL Gen2 9.5i, 12V WINCH

Note that this winch with the integrated solenoid will not fit on an 80 with an ARB bumper without modifications to either the bumper or the grill. The Integrated solenoid is too tall and will hit the grill in the standard ARB mounting location so you'd either need to modify the bumper to allow the winch to me moved forward quite a bit or cut the grill to clear the solenoid bridge.
If you don't need the fancy bits of the "Intelligence Dashboard" that is on the Seal 9.5i, you can have essentially the same winch with the SEAL Gen2 9.5rs, just without the dashboard feature. That's what I have on my 80 with an ARB bumper and it fits well. Has also worked very well on my heavy 80. If you are concerned about capacity, there is also a SEAL 12.5, and a 16.5 available.
SEAL GEN2 12.5rs, 12V WINCH

SEAL GEN2 16.5rs, 12V Winch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom