**Introduction** COMEUP Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's that time of year! It doesn't take much to get yourself stuck in the snow and you want to be prepared to get yourself out with a winch from ComeUp. Just in time for the holidays, get your truck a Christmas present and get a ComeUp winch installed so you can keep going no matter what the conditions. Photo Credit: Seth Jacobsen -Adventure Driven. Vehicle: Lexus GX470 with ComeUp Winch

Maybe you recently saw the Feature Article published on Expedition Portal about Mowgli - The Unimog. Featured Vehicle: Mowgli the Unimog | Expedition Portal Here at ComeUp we're always grateful for stories from our customers about how our winches have helped them in recovery situations. The great people at Mowgli-Adventures Home shared this incredible story with us of a recent self-recovery in Morrocco using a ComeUp DS-9.5 winch on Mowgli. Once again, ComeUp winches are trusted to get adventurers out of sticky situations and back to safety! Thanks Mowgli-Adventures for sharing this story with us and for using ComeUp winches!! Please take a look at their story here on our ComeUp blog! You can follow more of Mowgli-Adventures on their FB page.
Mowgli the Unimog Takes a Tumble

I don't think so Tim!!

Well I just bought my first ComeUp winch in 24V flavor. Let's see how it does.

:)

:cheers:

I just bought one for my 60 too.

I haven't even opened the box. But I was at Slee (who sells the ComeUp line) and had my hands on one last week. I was pretty impressed, and glad I had purchased one. I'll bet you get yours mounted well before I do. ;)

Dan

I just bought one for my 60 too.

I haven't even opened the box. But I was at Slee (who sells the ComeUp line) and had my hands on one last week. I was pretty impressed, and glad I had purchased one. I'll bet you get yours mounted well before I do. ;)

Dan

We shall see Dan. I still have a lot of emails to respond to ... including yours!

That said, I did unpack it and so far I'm impressed.

The control box is beefy and simple. No lights/LED's, other BS controls that make these things more complicated than it has to be.Simple and functional should always be mantra with the Toyota Land Cruiser.The fairlead is nice as well. Two tone. I like.

The hand control is rubberized and rugged.

The unit itself looks pretty solid. Haven't done anything to it and will probably mount it up in the next couple of days and at least unwind the wire and rewind it back in.

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2762.JPG

I appreciate the detailed pics of the unit.

The thing that stuck with me putting hands on one was the winch clutch. The pull and turn mechanism feels very solid to me, but also very easy to move. The M8000 on the faux-lux isn't the easiest thing on earth to engage and disengage--but a lot of that is due to the fight mounting in that truck.

Dan

@beno I didn't realize when you first posted that you got the older DV-9 model. I've heard good reviews on those too but only have firsthand experience with the new SEAL models. Curious to hear how you like it after some use.
Is that a crack I see on the photo showing the label on the end of the case? (lower right)

@beno I didn't realize when you first posted that you got the older DV-9 model. I've heard good reviews on those too but only have firsthand experience with the new SEAL models. Curious to hear how you like it after some use.
Is that a crack I see on the photo showing the label on the end of the case? (lower right)

Damn. I just noticed that. Let me check when I get home.

:doh: luckily I haven't mounted it.

Hoping it can be warrantied if it is damaged. :(

Time to showcase one of our new offerings. This is a monster when you need all the power you can get. Check out the SEAL Gen2 16.5RS.

16,500lb pulling capacity with a 5.8hp Series Wound motor. As with all the Seal winches it has the IP68 waterproof rating.

Find all the details and specs on our website.
SEAL GEN2 16.5rs, 12V Winch

There is not an "old" version of the DV series. Only the Seal Gen2 had a predecessor, distinguished by the grey-Seal Gen vs black Seal Gen2.

So if there is a warranty issue, who do I address that with Adam?

If the housing end is cracked let me know. ComeUp will ship out a new one ASAP. I just need to know if the box was damaged in any way, pictures needed please or if no damage it might be a factory issue. Either way I and or ComeUp will take care of it immediately if there is in fact a problem.

Thanks O.

Jason

Last edited:
Based on what I am seeing and what I have researched, this unit is a basically a "base model" 24v winch. No doo-dads, no bling, no BS. It works like old winches do: In and out.

That's all I want my winches to do.

I don't care about remotes, LED signals, reach-around options. Will it get me out of the quagmire I am in? Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom