Introduce yourself! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Take a moment to Introduce yourself and your cruiser(s) to the rest of us!

I'll go first. Mike Talbot. Ive been a cruiser head since 1997 when I bought my first, A 1974 FJ40. Since then I have owned and sold more than I can remember. Currently I have a 97' FZJ80, 66' FJ40, and an expedition trailer made from 2 FJ40 tubs. I founded the RedRock cruiser club in 2010 in an effort to connect with other enthusiasts in the area and am currently the acting president.
DSCF0278[1][1].jpg
CIMG0168 (2).jpg
1323404526125imagejpeg_2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm Brock Belliston. I blame Mike for getting me into this whole cruiser thing. About 15 months ago he called me up saying he had found a great deal on a cruiser and that I should buy it. Little did I know the amount of work I was in for, but I was ready for a project and it's been a lot of fun. You can track my progress here (that is if I ever get around to updating the thread again). For club events I typically try to borrow my dad's FJ Cruiser. He has it pretty well set up for anything we encounter on runs, and it certainly drives nicer than my (non-running) FJ40.

5287151925_ed16e23735_z.jpg

8554740969_cd6c6d2986_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
New cruiserhead

I am Jeremiah Curry I just moved to the area last August and bought a 80 series last month. I am interested in meeting with others and doing some adventuring. My wife is a little less interested...but I am working on it. And my 2 yr old loves "bumpy roads"

On another note, anyone interested in trading stock 16" wheels for my 18s? see https://forum.ih8mud.com/tires-whee...uiser-series-80-st-george-ut.html#post7632052

943289_520748937972378_475644510_n.jpg

I am Jeremiah Curry I just moved to the area last August and bought a 80 series last month. I am interested in meeting with others and doing some adventuring. My wife is a little less interested...but I am working on it. And my 2 yr old loves "bumpy roads"

On another note, anyone interested in trading stock 16" wheels for my 18s? see https://forum.ih8mud.com/tires-whee...uiser-series-80-st-george-ut.html#post7632052
Welcome! I have seen your cruiser around town already. I have some stock wheels that I will be ready to sell once I find tires to go on the new wheels I just bought. Check out our facebook page too for pictures & monthly cruiser runs.

Thanks Mike,

I tried to search for the group on facebook, but couldn't find it, can you send me the link?

Let me know when you decide on the wheels. I have one damaged tire now, and am still trying to decide if I should just get a used tire to replace it short term, buy all new 18s or wait to get some 16s for more sidewall.

Cruiser.jpg
Kolob.jpg
New Cruiser

I am in Cedar City and I just recently purchased my first LC (after owning 3 Jeeps so far) A 1991 FJ80 257K on the clock.... I know not an FZJ what was I thinking? Well I paid $1500 for it last month. Of course I have already put 500 into it since then. SHHH! Don't tell my wife. Put on the Black steel wheels and 31" BFG Muds. Removed the 3rd row seats so the dogs have a place to ride. Had Differentials flushed, replaced air filter. Have new sun visors on the way and should have my mega warrior rack installed in the next couple of weeks. Planning transfer case and transmission fluid exchange and filter replace soon as well. Took the family for a little excursion over Kolob Reservoir and down into Springdale yesterday. The old girl won't win any races, but she just keeps on ticking.

I am in Cedar City and I just recently purchased my first LC (after owning 3 Jeeps so far) A 1991 FJ80 257K on the clock.... I know not an FZJ what was I thinking? Well I paid $1500 for it last month. Of course I have already put 500 into it since then. SHHH! Don't tell my wife. Put on the Black steel wheels and 31" BFG Muds. Removed the 3rd row seats so the dogs have a place to ride. Had Differentials flushed, tune up with new plugs, wires and distributor, replaced air filter. Have new sun visors on the way and should have my mega warrior rack installed in the next couple of weeks. Planning transfer case and transmission fluid exchange and filter replace soon as well. Took the family for a little excursion over Kolob Reservoir and down into Springdale yesterday. The old girl won't win any races, but she just keeps on ticking.

Welcome! Shoot me a private message with your email and i will ad you to the list. Looks like we will be headed out to explore gold strike mine for Octobers run. Hope you and your family can make it!

Mega Warrior

Just added this Mega Warrior and I have a set of Yakima button downs for my snowboard. Brian Head opens in less than 2 weeks.:bounce2:
Also will be having a full tune-up done this week, transmission fluid exchange, and will be adding a Scion T1808 stereo with ipod adapter and at least 2, 12 volt power adapters.:wrench:

Still plenty on the to do list and even more on the want list. Probably will start building a rear storage platform in the next few weeks.

Definitely want to get out on some of the group rides as well.

roof rack.jpg

Searching for a Cruiser

Hi Guys. I'm hoping to be a FZJ owner this summer, currently saving my $$$ and scouring the Craigslist and KSL ads. I'm up in Pocatello, ID. I've not yet been on a cruiser outing, and would really like to soon. ANybody going wheeling around March 22-29? I'm planning a Green River trip then.
Brian

20141226_170952.jpg
New cruiser. Hey guys I just found the clubhouse section. I just picked up my second cruiser, a 91 fj80 with 185000 on the clock. My first vehicle was a 88 fj62 and I have been dreaming of a second for the last 10 years. I go out all the time and look forward to meeting some fellow cruiser head's

Welcome Spock

Fast intro: Moving to New Harmony in July...one more SoUT CruiserHead :)

Welcome Woody AKA benevolent leader :)

Welcome threatx3 I think there are lots of guys interested in going on runs but no one willing to step up, plan, and lead them.

Hello. My name is Justin Lingard. I recently purchased a 2004 LC with around 150k on the clock that I plan on (slowly) turning into a overland/expedition vehicle. I am looking forward to exploring with it and getting to know other cruiserheads in the area!

View attachment 1021654 New cruiser. Hey guys I just found the clubhouse section. I just picked up my second cruiser, a 91 fj80 with 185000 on the clock. My first vehicle was a 88 fj62 and I have been dreaming of a second for the last 10 years. I go out all the time and look forward to meeting some fellow cruiser head's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom