Introduce Yourself (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GSMTR? Never heard of it. I primarily wheel URE and gulches. Planning on doing windrock sometime this year with the Tacomaworld group. I did just learn that battery park is open for 4x4s though. That's about 1hr from my place in Awendaw

GSMTR? Never heard of it. I primarily wheel URE and gulches. Planning on doing windrock sometime this year with the Tacomaworld group. I did just learn that battery park is open for 4x4s though. That's about 1hr from my place in Awendaw

Ohhh...look who just joined up and took me out of lurker mode.

7wAvoW4.gif

It's great to have some more Tacomas! GSMTR at windrock is an awesome run! Definitely a must do! I have seen the SOS bumpers and would love to have one for my Tacoma one day!! Welcome guys!! Hope to see ya around soon!!!

i still have both the Taco and the TLC

Welcome @boogyman and @dan0mite ! The Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride (GSMTR) is held at Windrock in TN. I was there for my first wheeling trip last year, and had a great time. We've got a lot of great members locally and excellent ties to Upstate Cruisers and Olde North State Cruisers... two more seasoned groups that we share support between events.

Looking forward to having you both join, and getting to know each of you !

I'll probably pay my dues next week so hopefully I can't meet the group soon. But out of curiosity can anyone rebuild shocks? @dan0mite sold me some Walker Evans awhile back and they need a rebuild.

Only watched a couple of times, but doesn't seem very hard.

Welcome @dan0mite ! DEFINITELY awesome having Tacos in the group! I've only been to Gulches twice; URE is my go-to wheeling spot. It's not too far and the trails are fun.

I've only been to Gulches twice; URE is my go-to wheeling spot. It's not too far and the trails are fun.
A little OT, but I just heard from a Jeep guy Gulches is up for sale. The owner would like to keep it as is, to remain an off-road course.

A little OT, but I just heard from a Jeep guy Gulches is up for sale. The owner would like to keep it as is, to remain an off-road course.
Yup sure is. We were hosting a meet over there where guys were coming from WA to come wheel at gulches for what was going to be the biggest Toyota meet ever but it got rained out. We joked that the new owner needs to let people wheel even when it rains.

Well just following instructions, paid my dues so i better introduce myself. Names Dan Harris i have owned 4 FJ40s and now have a 85 FJ60. I work as a industrial maintenance tech and was a welder in a previous life. Look forward to meeting and wrenching with some other people with the sickness.
Welcome Dan, check out our calendar and join us. The fun starts with this weekend. We're simple folks and get excited over Land Cruiser pics, so post away.

Welcome into the fold, Dan ! Keep your alerts turned on / Watching the Clubhouse. Many of us in the LowCounty are also active with the Upstate Cruisers and the Old North State Crusiers. You can also check out the website Low Country Land Cruisers and the Facebook group as we'll but this is where most of the conversation and lies are told.!

Hello,
My names Jaimes and I just got a '93 FZJ-80.
I live In Myrtle Beach and I hope to meet you guys at some point one I get everything ironed out with the new landy. Looks like I'm going to have to pull the engine as I found the timing chain guide slipper has come off. I already was going to have to pull the crank pulley at a min to fix the oil pump cover leak. I guess I'll probably just go ahead and go through it and do a new HG, water pump, timing cover, etc while I'm there. I have been wheeling for 9 -10 years between a Frontier I had and my built '87 Sammy with a 2.0L turbo setup.

Thanks again Jaimes

Hello,
My names Jaimes and I just got a '93 FZJ-80.
I live In Myrtle Beach and I hope to meet you guys at some point one I get everything ironed out with the new landy. Looks like I'm going to have to pull the engine as I found the timing chain guide slipper has come off. I already was going to have to pull the crank pulley at a min to fix the oil pump cover leak. I guess I'll probably just go ahead and go through it and do a new HG, water pump, timing cover, etc while I'm there. I have been wheeling for 9 -10 years between a Frontier I had and my built '87 Sammy with a 2.0L turbo setup.

Thanks again Jaimes
We're glad to have you on board Jaimes. Check out our calendar and make plans. It looks like you have your work cut out for you, post-up a few pics of LC.

Welcome to the madness...you might wnt to check out the "BAD NEWS FOR ME" thread as William just rebuilt the engine in his 80.
Might give you some insight or just contact @excessive , he just got his bact together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom