Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi ...my name is Doug ...me and my wife Shirley really enjoy off roading as well as back roading ...I"am a retired firefighter from Toronto Ontario..we are snowbirds Our ride is a 2010 FJ Cruiser that is our daily driver...very few mods at this time ..I do have a cb radio...we have benn off road in Canada as well as Arizona ...looking forward to more runs in 2015

Welcome :cheers:

Thought I recognized the user name. Do you remember this bumper? https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj-60-62-arb-bumper.252239/#post-3886809
View attachment 1010946

As I remember you thought you got your picture taken on the way over to delivery. Did the state end up get a letter from the state with your picture inside? I see it looks like the 62 is gone replaced by a 80. I need to down size a half cruisers before I serious start even thinking about a 80. Lucky for me the wife agrees the 62 is not one of them and will continue to enjoy his retirement at a cool 7,000'

Oh wow that's awesome! That is off of one of my dads old cruisers (This is his account). I was just a kid when he had that one, He had the gold one and bought a blue 60 and sold both of them a number of years ago, we're now on to building the 80. I'm sure they're both being driven around phoenix somewhere to this day! I'll have to show him the pic of the bumper

I guess better late than never; I've been on the site for some time, but just found my way over here today for some reason. I've seen a few fellow Mudders out and about, so figured I might as well do the introduction thing...my FJ80 is also pretty unmistakable. I'm Alan, live in central Phoenix, but I get around the state quite a bit. Got my cruiser a couple years ago for a song, and have enjoyed it more than I should have ever since. If you see me and/or my cruiser around the valley, feel free to say hi.

Hey I'm Chad, new to Arizona living south of Tucson. Was active in TTORA in it's early days and have had numerous well built Tacoma's over the years. I have done allot of trips to Moab and Colorado not a whole lot of Arizona experience thoughJ just Gunsight Pass and other trails in and around the Santa Rita's. Looking for some good folks to go exploring with and figured this would be a great place for that! I also used to be a member of the Tall Corn Cruisers back in Iowa. I have a 2007 4Runner with a mild lift and rock sliders I kept it mild so far because frankly there is nowhere to wheel in Iowa that is worth my time, Just Mud. Now that I'm here I'm sure that will change!

welcome :cheers:

Thanks!

Can anyone on here steer me towards a good 4x4 mechanic/shop in the Tucson area? I need to install new coil springs and don't have the equipment or facilities for that right now. Thanks!

Hey I'm Chad, new to Arizona living south of Tucson. Was active in TTORA in it's early days and have had numerous well built Tacoma's over the years. I have done allot of trips to Moab and Colorado not a whole lot of Arizona experience thoughJ just Gunsight Pass and other trails in and around the Santa Rita's. Looking for some good folks to go exploring with and figured this would be a great place for that! I also used to be a member of the Tall Corn Cruisers back in Iowa. I have a 2007 4Runner with a mild lift and rock sliders I kept it mild so far because frankly there is nowhere to wheel in Iowa that is worth my time, Just Mud. Now that I'm here I'm sure that will change!
Welcome!

Wilma from Tucson is arranging a trip leaving from North Tucson this weekend with an overnight camping opportunity.

Come along if you can :bounce2:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fe...nyon-2-27-3-1-2015.831395/page-3#post-9614763

Hey CSC fourt7 up here in flagstaff. I'm right in the middle of doing my head gasket on my white 97 fzj80.

I can't wait to get the cruiser up and running because I love to camp and really want to get out on the trails to learn from you guys.

I'm planning to attend expo overland this year.

Anyone in the flagstaff area? I see cruisers around and often wonder if they are MUDDERs.

Welcome Fourt7! Yep, I am another CSC'er in Flagstaff. (Gold 80 series with a snorkel). Good luck the rest of the way on your repairs.

Hello all, My name is Jason. Registered on the CSC page earlier today finally. I live in Casa Grande currently. Been wheeling most of my life all over the world with cruisers and a few other random vehicles. I've owned a bunch of 40s, 55s, 60s, 80, an FJC, and the wife is currently driving our 04 100 series. My 80 was her DD for a lot of years and I recently became reinvigorated with the idea of playing with it. Knew of CSC for several years, but have been so busy with work, triathlon and raising kids that I didn't really pursue it. Got laid off at the end of 2014 and have had some time to work on my 80 and take care of some long needed TLC. I plan to be at the meeting in a couple of days and maybe put some faces to these names I have seen all over mud for the last few years. I will be easily spotted driving the clear coat peeling Maroon 80!

see you at the meet . Welcome Jason

Jason, I heard that "peeling clear coat" is a super sought after option. I gave it on my white 91.

Welcome and see you at the meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom