intercooler on a 12ht - pictures pls (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
while i am waiting for my turbo to get rebuild, i have started the design to install the intercooler on the 12ht on my 40 series. i would like to see what others have done, please post some pictures. i will post pictures of some of the options i am thinking later, when i have them.

the intercooler i am installing will be an air to air because of it's simplicity, however, i can possibly be convince to install water/air intercooler.

the main thing i am looking for is the design to make the intercooler most efficient. in other words where did you install it? i have seen two way top of the engine and in the front. has anyone installed it on the top of the engine of a 40 series then put an air scoop on hood? has anyone installed an air/air and put a fan on it? what is the best size of an intercooler suited a 12ht engine, how wide, how long and how thick? how big of a tube is best?

i am wide open on the design but my though at the moment is over the top of the engine with an air scoop and maybe a fan.

i have search but i have not found an air/air intercooler that is design for the 12th.

Hi
I went through a lot of the same thoughts, so I asked a similar question here, although we use the 1KZ-T engine. I got some very good and informative replys from very knowledgeable members of this forum, so you should run through this thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/284467-intercooler-theory-sizing-debate.html
Another good source of info in to the difference in intercooling diesels compaired to gasser is this article:
Browser Warning
As you can see I ended up following the advise to use a water to air intercooler, amongst others because of the difference in cooling a diesel compaired to a gasser (heat-sink etc.) I was convinced by the fact that should a waterline break, the engine will run like it was from the factory. I have found the setup to be very easy and it just seems logical to me. But give it a read and make up your own mind.
I hope it helps :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom