Instrument cluster lights question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I´m sure this has been asked before, but I'm unable to find it now. In the dash there are four axle-related lights.

LC100InstrumentsVX.jpg

In a typical 100 with rear locker (or LX), only the yellow one (CDL locked) and one red light (RDL locked) are used. I know the other red light is for the front diff lock, not used in the 100. Slee has wired it in his last creation. But what is the green one for? I guess it's for the 105 versions that have part-time transfer cases. It would be lit when the 4x4 transmission (as opposed to rear only) is selected, it this true?

Another question: When exactly does the T-BELT light come on? Every 90000 miles since the last reset? I'm at 149500 km now, which is 93380 mi, and it's still off. Maybe it's set at 150000 km?

Probably set to 150 k km on this side of the puddle. Isn't there a sticker on your engine saying "Change T-belt every 150,000 km"?

The diesel says "Change T-belt and injector pipes every 150,000 km"

Hi,
I´m sure this has been asked before, but I'm unable to find it now. In the dash there are four axle-related lights.

LC100InstrumentsVX.jpg

...........But what is the green one for? I guess it's for the 105 versions that have part-time transfer cases. It would be lit when the 4x4 transmission (as opposed to rear only) is selected, it this true?

IIRC you are correct, it has been a long time since I've been in a 105 series but that is what I recall it as.

great dash picture

does anyone have a picture like this with all the indicators lit up for a 2003+ 100 series??

Last edited:
Probably set to 150 k km on this side of the puddle. Isn't there a sticker on your engine saying "Change T-belt every 150,000 km"?

The diesel says "Change T-belt and injector pipes every 150,000 km"

I don't remember such a sticker, but will look again. 149.700 now, I'me getting nervous :D

Just remember........150000kms is like 90000 miles, if you search you will find many have gone 1.5 times that with no probs. No PANIC!

Well, hit the 150000 km mark yesterday (=93690 mi). Actually, since I changed tires around 20000 km ago and they are 5% taller than stock, the real mileage is around 151000 :)

150000kmvx8.jpg

No "T.Belt" light visible so far. And no sticker on the engine either. Anyway, I plan to have the T. belt changed in september, after the holidays. I've read each and every timing belt related thread, but no way I could gather enough time and, er, guts to do it myself. :rolleyes:

There is a thread on here about resetting the timing belt light, not sure if it mentioned about how to check what it is currently set on, but it did say something about the ability to set whatever amount of miles/kms you want itt to come on for next time. Might be worth a search and see if you can find out when yours is set for.

There is a thread on here about resetting the timing belt light, not sure if it mentioned about how to check what it is currently set on, but it did say something about the ability to set whatever amount of miles/kms you want itt to come on for next time. Might be worth a search and see if you can find out when yours is set for.

Thanks, i'll look for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom