Install of control arms, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I'm new to these forums and just looking for a breath of fresh air.... I have an 04 rubicon with 95k miles on it. 2.5" OME, and 33" rubber.. Tires have been wearing weird, so I finally broke down and paid a pro to inspect.. Front and rear track bars are wallowed out, one slightly bent lower control arm, and one lower control arm wallowed out.. Both in front,,,, New arms and bars are ordered.. I've done all my own suspension work in the past, I have air tools, and there is very little, if any, rust.. Nonetheless, I've applied liberal amounts of PB Blaster... Realistically how much of my Saturday should I dedicate to getting this job done ? Any tricks? Any advise? Thanks in advance for all replies...

Definition: Breath of Fresh Air,,, I have no brand loyalty and would happily trade my rubicon for an LC 80 series, or a Defender 110.. With similar builds,,, OME, lockers, etc... ;)

Just remove one arm at a time, and replace with the new one. If you have adjustable arms, make sure your axles are square to the frame and centered then install one arm at what ever length, and then just float the other arm over until you can get a bolt in without force. Don't worry about length of the arm or anything at this point. Once you have all 4 arms installed pull the springs and flex the suspension. This will show you if the axle is in the correct place, without binding etc. If you need to adjust the arms remove one upper, and one lower. Make the adjustment with the remaining attached arms, and float the other arms over until you can put the bolt in without force.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom