Info on International bulldozers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gus

SILVER Star
Threads
My Dad has a International 500E crawler (roughly late seventies vintage) that we have been trying to get running better and just get more info on in general. Are there any good on line sources for any kind of info or parts for the International dozers? A couple specific issues we're having are finding engine parts(most of the seals and gaskets leak big time and it runs like sh!t in general), the hydraulic fluid never warms up, making the machine useless in colder months and a few other drivetrain issues. TIA

Grant5127, thanks for the tip, looks like I should be able to find some good info there.

My Dad has a International 500E crawler (roughly late seventies vintage) that we have been trying to get running better and just get more info on in general. Are there any good on line sources for any kind of info or parts for the International dozers? A couple specific issues we're having are finding engine parts(most of the seals and gaskets leak big time and it runs like sh!t in general), the hydraulic fluid never warms up, making the machine useless in colder months and a few other drivetrain issues. TIA

You might want to put a magnetic electric heater on the hydraulic reservoir to keep it warm. That is what I do with my IH T-20 of 1936.

I think that shares the same engine as my IH-125c, a D239 engine...is yours turbo'd?

I've done the headgasket on mine a few times...you could have a head gasket issue, but more than likely, injectors or IP if it isn't running well...

the ssbtractor site will have most of the info you will ever find.

Thanks for the info guys, I ended up replacing the IH 500E with a Case 580K, the old dozer had some huge cracks(more like gaps) in the frame and final drive housings. Bkfj40, it was not turbo'd, tough little engine, it always ran well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom