1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In-cab winch control

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by woody, Jun 11, 2003.

1. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    see the new tech article in ih8mud tech in the winch section!

:wave:

2. wayne_fj40

wayne_fj40

That sounds pretty cool I wonder how much different the mile marker is.I'm hoping same concept just different colored wires one day I will look at that. :G

Woody IMO I would cut your dash out and either get stainless steel plate or diamond plate and make your own dash one of the next mods for me I got the stainless now I got to get motivated to do It 8)

3. woody

woody Internet Fireman Staff Member

Media:
    actually, I've started welding up some of the holes....planning on that project later this month and into July.

The winch controls might also get an etched trophy-type plate for the install too...gonna check into that next week.

4. gpierce

gpierce

:wave: ???
    I have two wagons an iron pig and a much modified hilux hero. I have home made in cab swiths for the controls in the hero and a milemarker wirless control for when I want to abandon ship. I also have the normal wired relay for a warn in the pig as well as a milmarker and am planning on installing a swith inside the pig. I also have a hitch setup on the back of the cruiser to take the winnch when I need to go back this is controlled by milmarker. By the way where can I get that momentary switch of a good quality. They are as hard to find as hen's teeth here in Thailand