Importing assistance services? 2006 LC100 Middle East with manual and I6 1FZ-FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, full disclosure I'm kind of a newbie here. I live in the Middle East but visit my family often in Virginia. I drive a 2001 LC100 there and I've been looking here for use with my family but found nothing suitable.

I especially like the idea of teaching my boys how to drive a standard transmission--something increasingly difficult to do.

I've come across a 2006 FZJ100 with a manual H151F transmission in pretty good shape--it's the first one I've run across in the model 100 body style. I'd really like to bring it back to the US, but I need an agent here who understands the ins and outs of doing the importation and approvals.

Can anyone recommend someone stateside, preferably East Coast that could help me with this for a fee?

It's a pretty cool truck! Photo attached. I almost missed it as i was looking.

You will need a registered importer for anything less then 25years old. Go to the Customs and Border Patrol website for a list of importers. I think John Steer (google the company) is in Philadelphia and may be able to assist you.

also try www.nhtsa.gov/ cars for importers

You will need a registered importer for anything less then 25years old. Go to the Customs and Border Patrol website for a list of importers. I think John Steer (google the company) is in Philadelphia and may be able to assist you.

also try www.nhtsa.gov/ cars for importers
Thanks! I will contact them. I've been reading the NHTSA website and the good news is that it appears that LC's up to model year 2006 ARE eligible for import under Import Eligibility No. VSP 539 (http://icsw.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/elig120115.pdf)

I see that the NHTSA list shows Land Cruiser 1990-1996...I'm guessing that covers the 80 series not the 70 series. Would be interested to see of ANYONE who has a relatively new [less than 25 year] 70 series in the US that was able to do it without spending an arm and a leg...

I know it's knit-picking but with a 1FZ, wouldn't it have to be an FZJ105? Or did Toyota make an IFS 100 with the 1FZ? If it is a 105, I would say it is very unlikely you would be able to import it.

Hi Aussiehj the fzj100 ifs was sold in the middle east as in Aus our 1fz were in the 105 series

If its an FZJ100 (not HDJ105) it should be allowed in w/o being >25 years old. There is a list, and if its on it, you can bring in. Will see if I can find the list

OP: is your FZJ100 solid axle or IFS, if the later you may be in luck:

Docket No. NHTSA-2012-0035
Nonconforming Vehicles: 1999-2006 Toyota Land Cruiser IFS 100 Series Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles Manufactured prior to September 1, 2006.

Substantially Similar U.S. Certified Vehicles: 1999-2006 Toyota Land Cruiser IFS 100 Series Multipurpose Passenger Vehicles Manufactured prior to September 1, 2006.

Notice of Petition
Published at: 77 FR 20485 (April 4, 2012).

Vehicle Eligibility Number: VSP-539 (effective date July 27, 2012).

OP -- you ever get that LC back to the US? might be going down the same route, found this thread today. have buyer looking for 25yr old vehicle, but 99-06 would be that much better.

The more I looked at it, the harder this looked. So I thought I would try the opposite tactic. Looking for US spec 100's in good shape that have been here in the desert for several years. Drove a few that I found in local ads but I found them soft and plush and very unlike my I6

I am in Kuwait.. looks like as long as you procure the MPV model in those year ranges, should be good. unless I am missing something crazy.. understand may need us spec lights (front and rear) reflectors, few nick nacks..

and I have buyer looking for the 25+ magic number in diesel and standard, just hard to come by that is not trashed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom