I'm not saying is safe, but I love the "Bushwhack" approach to the problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why re-invent the wheel. It is probably priced near to the cost of a winch and you also have to carry all that crap around. It is a unique idea. Somebody spent a lot of time figuring all those parts out.

Why re-invent the wheel. It is probably priced near to the cost of a winch and you also have to carry all that crap around. It is a unique idea. Somebody spent a lot of time figuring all those parts out.

Okay a big part of the justification to get aftermarket bumper is that you need to have a proper/strong/stiff place to mount your winch, then you need to get stiffer shocks to deal with the extra weight..

If you count all that added metal, the hub gizmo is much, much lighter.

Then dual battery's, well for the fridge too.

This one can be used when you need to go in reverse.

Then is the whole concept of Murphy's law, if you engine is not working, you are semi Fubar already..

Okay your drive like may be broken so you do need a external Redundant/secondary system to get you out of the hole, but is your winch is fried you are out of luck too.

Then again you will not want anybody finding out you are using it, much less take pictures of you doing it, so yeah why reinvent the wheel, no bother...

Ps: The first time I saw this concept was on a motorcycle expo and I keep thinking, "good for them about time they come up with something is just not Bling", now I come to find out they "Borrow" the idea like all the rest of the products they sell, no surprises there, plus on a motorcycle, stuck in the mud was already a very dangerous proposition in the first place, specially since the power "Take out" had to be on the left side of the bike, same leg you use for support by instinct..

I guess you would need a locker to make this work.

It is a cool idea, but that didn't look like 10,000lb cable.

I guess you would need a locker to make this work.

It is a cool idea, but that didn't look like 10,000lb cable.
I saw one youtube that was extremely simple, just using two cut out small trees (7' long about 6"-7" diameter), but now I can not find it, it was totally manual and require a lot of patience but it was brilliant..

Someday I will find it..

Personally opinion: but I rather have no Security than a False sense of Security..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom