Idle Drop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am almost sure I have a bad Idle up AC solenoid. My idle drops when the AC comp. kicks on.

While I dont notice a huge change its enough to keep the fan from turning at a proper speed and keep my Engine Temp where I want it.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Hook a hand pump vac tool to the AC idle up vacuum diaphragm on the carb and apply vacuum. You should see the linkages move. Check the set screw too. Try it at idle too.

If that is working, check the electric VSV solenoid that it's vacuum hoses connect to. If that works, then it could be the AC amplifier in the cab.

Hook a hand pump vac tool to the AC idle up vacuum diaphragm on the carb and apply vacuum. You should see the linkages move. Check the set screw too. Try it at idle too.

If that is working, check the electric VSV solenoid that it's vacuum hoses connect to. If that works, then it could be the AC amplifier in the cab.

Sir... One day, I aspire to know and understand half of what you're talking about. Cheers to you.

As stated, test the idle-up diaphragm on the carb and the Idle-up solenoid valve. Both very easy to test.

If your idle up valve is bad, that valve is discontinued, but you can substitute 88690-22470, which I think is from a similar vintage 4Runner, and just clip off the lead from the old valve, add spade connectors, and that way you won't have to bugger the harness.

IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom