For Sale I have been lucky enough to own this truck and it's for sale. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It goes without saying, this is a very special vehicle. I actually tried to purchase it many years ago, I was willing to leverage my underwear but it was too steep. So I acquired it and upon acquisition drove it 1,000 miles home, what a trip it was. At this point in my life I must choose wisely what I keep. What I really want is an HZJ75 Pickup, man would I love to have one! Any questions feel free to ask, I've loved this truck since first seeing it. I have owned FJ40, 45, 80, 470. Another tan 64 FJ45 went for sale recently, I owned that one too. I'm very excited to have found this forum and look forward to learning much and contributing anything I can offer. L
fj45 #11.jpg
fj45 #10.jpg
fj45 #9.JPG

fj45 #4.JPG

64 fj45 #1.jpg

If you know about this truck then you know it sold for over $100K at Barret Jackson in Phoenix, AZ

Change the thread title to: Resto Mod 45 for sale 100K firm.

then you'll be lucky to get any replies at all.

If the truck was being offered at $100K i'd understand. You do realize the truck is re-powered only correct? The way I see it, if the truck has a newer radio it is no longer stock, same goes with wheels, tint, winch, racks, lighting, etc. It is justifiably listed as per the government issued title. Thank you for your input, L.

Its funny you say that if you go on ebay and look at some landcruisers they will say 100 stock. But then in the information they will say new chev engine, paint job, new radio, lifted 40 feet, 133 inch tires , but it is stock.................:bang::bang::bang:

I totally agree with DesertEmu! I really need to start using these little moving pictures so many here use, they really drive the nail home! :bounce2::clap:

Its funny you say that if you go on ebay and look at some landcruisers they will say 100 stock. But then in the information they will say new chev engine, paint job, new radio, lifted 40 feet, 133 inch tires , but it is stock.................:bang::bang::bang:
Well we finally found a real a****** from Canada. Give it a break man. Leave this thread alone.

OK, Leroy mentioned me in a previous post expressing his love of my cross country trip in My 1965 FJ45 SWB "little red Truck", so I invited him up to the Overland Expo East @ the Biltmore in Asheville NC. He showed up in a 4BT Powered Lexus! We instantly hit it off, he's a stand-up guy, who loves Cruisers. I apologized for the Assholes on the forum ( and you know, I know a few of you!:(:(:( The Shame ) , and assured him there are some really great people on here.
A few weeks later I was down in Orlando with some family members visiting the Mouse. I called Leroy and asked if I could cruise on down and take a look at the 45. I'm here to tell you that's one slick ride! We cruised down A1A , along the Ocean and he showed me around the town. That truck is Quiet , Powerful , Stops on a dime and considerably more comfortable ride than my stockish truck. The Air Conditioning will spoil you. I really couldn't get over how the doors shut airtight like my GMC , I've never been in a cruiser that was that tight, And no rattles. If ya don't believe me go drive it yourself. Just like my truck, we couldn't go anywhere with out drawing attention, We got thumbs up around every corner. Welcome to Mud Leroy, enjoy the ride! GLWS your new Overlanding friend Hendog.
P.S. we may pass thru Ontario on our way to Alaska , Were coming to check out your Junk Desert Emu!!!:moon::moon::moon:

IMG_1699.jpg

Hendog,

Thank you for visiting me. I enjoyed having you stay over as much ch as I enjoyed you inviting my wife and I to join join you and your wife in NC. It goes without saying, what an adventure with the hurricane. I enjoyed the vehicles at the show and feel your truck should have won! The biltmore and camping was a blast as well. I could go on and on but of all things I appreciate your desire to include a stranger in the experience. Let's get the word out and have some other participants for the Canada Alaska trip. I'm certain we'll chat soon.

Sooooooooooooo, DesertEmu we are planning a month long trip from Niagara falls across Canada to Alaska. What are the chances we can stop in and visit you and your goodies? As I learn more from the members on this forum I find I have so much more to learn. You were a staunch critic and I would love to pour over your works of art. You are officially hereby "called out" to host a bar-b-que and beer spread for some LC lovers. This is an invitation to any and all overlanders to depart S. Florida and head up to NY where we will be put up by my twin who is impossibly hospitable and then to Niagara Falls and across Canada to Alaska, if you would like to participate in part or all of the journey you are welcome. We will laugh, cry and laugh again all with great company and support. I realize this is a for sale post but it changed early on. I would love to have as many people as possible join Hendog and I, L.

Hope you are planning this for next spring or summer, as Winter came early up here in Northern Canada, and might not be the best time to head up to Alaska, the roads up here are not the best at the moment. This is a picture of a week or so ago (little has melted since and today it is rain snowing out side making the highway sort of slick. I am around Mile 50 of the Alaska Highway in NE BC.
Cheers,
Deny
IMG_1251.JPG

We are ambitious but not that ambitious. We will be taking the month of April. If we have your details we will schedule a visit. L

Let me know when your coming through sask!!!! Be happy to meet up for a visit and photo shoot haha

Last edited:
We are ambitious but not that ambitious. We will be taking the month of April. If we have your details we will schedule a visit. L

Just send a PM when your plans get serious. April is the end of winter up here, this year it was like summer up here and dry in April but it has snowed in April as well, but the mountains would sure look pretty as you drive through the Northern Rockies at that time, just be prepared for the odd stint of bad weather as it can still happen in April.
Cheers,
Deny

So overlanding s going to be for me. I have done a tremendous amount of improvements to an already awesome Jeremiah Proffitt build. As my attention moves to overlanding I have decided to lower my acceptable pricing on a beautiful FJ45. Pricing stands at $55K now. I want the room in the garage and the funds for travel as I am highly motivated to see so many new trails and meet new people. Hendog, I'll shoot over and impose on you shortly. Thank everyone on this forum for so much information and the many great write-ups, I have spent so many hours learning here, L.

SOLD! Thanks everyone for your contributions to this for sale add. The truck is returning to Ca. where it will reside in 7,000 sq ft along with other high caliber classics. For those of you who didn't approve I'm here to tell you that they are worth every penny no matter the modifications. Love you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom