For Sale I have been lucky enough to own this truck and it's for sale. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It goes without saying, this is a very special vehicle. I actually tried to purchase it many years ago, I was willing to leverage my underwear but it was too steep. So I acquired it and upon acquisition drove it 1,000 miles home, what a trip it was. At this point in my life I must choose wisely what I keep. What I really want is an HZJ75 Pickup, man would I love to have one! Any questions feel free to ask, I've loved this truck since first seeing it. I have owned FJ40, 45, 80, 470. Another tan 64 FJ45 went for sale recently, I owned that one too. I'm very excited to have found this forum and look forward to learning much and contributing anything I can offer. L
fj45 #11.jpg
fj45 #10.jpg
fj45 #9.JPG

fj45 #4.JPG

64 fj45 #1.jpg

Tough audience to sell a 45 that has a Harley logo and has been restored to restomod level ---99% of the 45 lovers here will prefer the classic proportions and orginality vs choices made in this one.

ebay or Barrett Jackson will get alot more eyes and $$'s cast at this type of restoration and while there is an audience for this........this forum is probably isnt that place. im curious to hear how it sells if sold elsewhere and what kind of price it fetches if the right viewer spots it.

Last edited:
Thank you, I plan on sending the truck to Barrett in Scottsdale next year for the big auction. My posting here is both for others enjoyment and a friend vetting exercise which has netted a short but distinguished list for me. I have always enjoyed spirited debate even when it is over such a frivolous and insignificant thing as a vehicle. This audience doesn't cast aspersions in my direction because I think I'm better than them they criticize because they think I am. Nobody here knows two bits about me, they see a vehicle unlike theirs and they find themselves unable to fathom anything unique. I say, "Thumbs up" to all of your rigs. The danger isn't in our differences, it's in our unwillingness to understand them.

No need to be offended- as you didnt build this , you simply purchased it. I can guarantee that 99.9% of people who have offered their opinions are speaking more to the person/ persons who did the restoration and left a giant skidmark in a clean pair of tighty-whiteys. :)

Perhaps you over estimated my concern? There is nothing simple about making an acquisition of this type, I enjoyed the research and experience. There isn't a doubt I have some pretty serious envy for Hendog and his documented adventure. I'm not here to judge others I just want to enjoy the rides and wisdom.

Thank you, I plan on sending the truck to Barrett in Scottsdale next year for the big auction. My posting here is both for others enjoyment and a friend vetting exercise which has netted a short but distinguished list for me. I have always enjoyed spirited debate even when it is over such a frivolous and insignificant thing as a vehicle. This audience doesn't cast aspersions in my direction because I think I'm better than them they criticize because they think I am. Nobody here knows two bits about me, they see a vehicle unlike theirs and they find themselves unable to fathom anything unique. I say, "Thumbs up" to all of your rigs. The danger isn't in our differences, it's in our unwillingness to understand them.

This guy joined the forum on Thursday and listed his truck for sale the following day.

What "kindred interest" are you suggesting we support?
I am not saying you HAVE to support anything. So, because someone is new, they deserve less than being treated decently???

I am not serious, LOL

I am happy with mine, all $8,000 worth of it... and running like a champ!

What's up Leroy! Welcome to MUD.......lol!!!!!!! here have one of these!!!! :flipoff2:..................(official welcome) I remember when I first came here and got my salute........and the bezel upside down post.....etc...etc... :beer:

Nice Rig. Not my cup of tea but nice rig none the less. I've got a 1994 FZJ80 80k$$$$$ would NOT even touch it......but that's because I LOVE HER soooooooo much!!!!!!! I wouldn't even trade you straight across and I want a 45 real real bad. I Just cant afford one at this time. Ive got my 40, and I've got my 80.....and I love the holy crap out of both of them. I've noticed the 45 market going up and up and nuts over the last couple years.....so its kind of disappointing, but I figure, when the time is right something will come up.

There is a lot of Cruiserheads here with that same passion for these vehicles.

That being said, here is a beautiful example of a Custom 45 that sold Last year I think it was.

For Sale: - *SOLD* FJ45 Long Bed Pickup - Modified - Northern California

You can see his asking price in there as well. It was a DAMN nice rig, and I wish it was mine. But you can see, like others have stated that good photos, and a build thread, or ALL pertinent details are included. TAKE NOTE at the start of it, it states "purists beware" and that's because there are ALOT of them here. Guys who don't want aftermarket, done want custom, and prefer more original rides.

Sometimes these doods can come across as rude, snobby, and dic*ish..... BUT I try and give most of them the benefit of the doubt and figure its just because they have Landcruiser running in their veins, and sometimes the blood runs to the head......bof of them. Sometimes they really are just being snobs.....and I try and ignore it at that point.....

As mentioned previously at your asking price, it will be a hard sell to most of the folks on this forum.....Especially being more resto-mod. Had it been all original you'd have doods swinging off your junk about how nice it is.........

Anyways man. You seem alright. Write a pretty eloquent thread. Ive got some pretty honed search skills so If your looking for a specific vehicle let me know and Ill help you look around. I can never get enough scouring for Landcruisers.

I was serious about the welcome..... :flipoff2:

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE MAN.

Ruben:beer:

This is the type of comradery I was after. You'll be happy to know I just picked up an LX450 with a Proffits 4BT 3.9QSB, 480LE and part time transfer case, holy smokes is all I can say! Thanks for the welcome, I have met some awesome guys through this thread, in fact I'm going up to NC with Hendog in Oct. I'm looking for a troopy, modern LHD preferred or I'd kill a guy for an FZJ75 truck! Wouldn't really kill a guy but I want one in a bad way. Thanks again, L.

thumbnail_IMG_2290.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2295.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2292.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2300.jpg

Right on Brother NICE SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! See now you have an 80,000 80 !!!!!!!!!!!! BOOYAH :beer:

Having drivin an 80 for several years and dreaming of the day I could repower it, I totally get your not wanting to let go of yours. This little truck is something else!

This is the type of comradery I was after. You'll be happy to know I just picked up an LX450 with a Proffits 4BT 3.9QSB, 480LE and part time transfer case, holy smokes is all I can say! Thanks for the welcome, I have met some awesome guys through this thread, in fact I'm going up to NC with Hendog in Oct. I'm looking for a troopy, modern LHD preferred or I'd kill a guy for an FZJ75 truck! Wouldn't really kill a guy but I want one in a bad way. Thanks again, L.

Well, I like the rig, and the read has been entertaining for a "For Sale" thread. If you are going to NC in October will that be at Overland Expo? If so let me know I will have a booth there with some vehicles for sale. My other love next to these LC's are VW's. My buddy, and restore, repair and sell Syncro's, original and modified along with excellent camper vans and such. I get tore up in the VW forums sometimes as well, my Syncro has a TDI conversion, my 64 21 window is lowered, leather interior and the engine is a racing set up with Porsche racing shroud and rear discs. Each to his own I say !!

If you are not going to Overland PM me if your trip takes you to Raleigh or the Outerbanks. Our shop is in Raleigh and would be happy to give you the tour.... PM if your going to be at the event of in our neck of the woods so to speak...

GLWS beautiful ride!!

Well, I like the rig, and the read has been entertaining for a "For Sale" thread. If you are going to NC in October will that be at Overland Expo? If so let me know I will have a booth there with some vehicles for sale. My other love next to these LC's are VW's. My buddy, and restore, repair and sell Syncro's, original and modified along with excellent camper vans and such. I get tore up in the VW forums sometimes as well, my Syncro has a TDI conversion, my 64 21 window is lowered, leather interior and the engine is a racing set up with Porsche racing shroud and rear discs. Each to his own I say !!

If you are not going to Overland PM me if your trip takes you to Raleigh or the Outerbanks. Our shop is in Raleigh and would be happy to give you the tour.... PM if your going to be at the event of in our neck of the woods so to speak...

GLWS beautiful ride!!
I am going to Expo. Is your display full? Perhaps I should take this FJ45 and market it at your booth? Arangements between you and I go without saying. I do want to start attending these functions, I want to participate more in the Landcruiser community. Thank you for the warm welcome, L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom