HZJ75 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still searching for the small front diff 3.7, Just wondering whether it exists in the world. Any info or link whereby you can search?:confused: 3.24 What is ratio?
Just let me know who has it.

nobody has one in stock, the part number showed the ratio. i don't have it.
there is no 3.70 small diff part number.

you will need to change to large front diff housing to run the 3.70.
3.70 diff gears
31" tires
60 mph
.85 5th gear

= 1697 rpm

4.11 diff gears
31" tires
60 mph.85 5th gear

= 2272 rpm

i am thinking it would be worth the effort ...

crushers said:
did you find a 3.7 for the front diff?
we found a 3.24 that was sold for 14 months back in 1990 but sadly discontinued. i could see a gasser 75 returning mid 20s fuel mileage with those gears ...

of course i could swap the front diff from the 75 to a large carrier unit and swap the 3.7s i have here in ...
maybe that is what i will do, one day.

There is a few local post 1990 75 series with the early big 75 front diff in them getting around , bit of a win win if you can go this way were you guys are.

In that case 3.7 small diff doesn't exist:bang:
Then what is the gasser 75 is having that you have mentioned. FZJ75, right?:confused:
By the way, how do you get the calculation?

nobody has one in stock, the part number showed the ratio. i don't have it.
there is no 3.70 small diff part number.

1991 FJ75 carburated, i MIGHT change to a turbo 2FE ...
Engine RPM Calculator
punch in the numbers and watch the magic.

it works nicely to see what gears you need for a specific rpm with bigger or smaller tires.

since the pickup is being used for mostly highway travel, doesn't tow anything, carry only light loads then i will not need deeper gears.
on the other hand, it might be nice to keep it stock.

In that case 3.7 small diff doesn't exist

What size are you after?
Reverse cut?

Depending on answers I can have a look around down under here in NZ.
All sorts of Toyota stuff down here.

OK! I don't know if you guys facing the same problem as I am, this PS reservoir seems have leak on the lip of the tank.:confused: Any cure for this? Quite a frequent case for this reservoir tank.
P1060093.jpg

The opening of the top cover.
P1060094.jpg

Hood emblem

This is a Toyota 70 series hood emblem for ME spec
P1060178.jpg

Getting the correct spot to drill the holes will be confusing.:confused: Any advice from ME guys.
P1060179.jpg

i have that emblem on the hood of my 75 pickup, i can go measure it for you tomorrow if you like...

Actualy ther is a 3.7 front 8" high pinion gearset. They werent used in n america, but can gat them. Their about $800 a set or so

wongtsenhin said:
Still searching for the small front diff 3.7, Just wondering whether it exists in the world. Any info or link whereby you can search?:confused: 3.24 What is ratio?
Just let me know who has it.

hummm, decent price.

choice i have is do i replace the ring and pinion or change to full size diff instead ...

wongtsenhin (how did you come up with that name?)
after bouncing back and forth on this i have decided to go with the large front diff. parts are easier to find. the center unit is much stronger. cheaper in the long run.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom