1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HySteer for the FZJ80?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Big_Moose, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Big_Moose

Big_Moose

Guys

While surfing for some "HySteer" arms for my FJ40, I noticed that "OTT (Over The Top) Industries is offering "HySteer" arms for the 80 series.

http://www.ottindustries.com/fj80.htm

Anybody had problems with the steering linkage during rock crawling / wheeling? Wonder if the stock steering is a potential rock grabbing / weak link?

Joe

2. Junk

Junk

noticed no one ever resonded to this post. anyone using this stuff? just curious

3. bjowett

bjowett Supporting Vendor

Some of the guys that did FZJ80 solid axle swaps on their mini trucks use em'. Not sure of they'll clear the track bar on the 80 series, which is why I never tried them on 80 axled 4-Runner. Check over at Pirate for more info.

4. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

IIRC, a set of those was given away at the CM2004 raffle. Some of the guys at my table were wondering why someone would need these.

5. NW-sickboy

NW-sickboy

I went to a Beefier Drag link (the sold mount from knuckle to knuckle) because my stock one got bent up into my Driveline really bad... so far the new one (i think i got it from all pro) has held up great.... like said before i think it is mainly for the SAS swap guys.....