How to stop a dog from doing its business on my driveway? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KT40

SILVER Star
Threads
For some reason, our dog (golden retriever) just can't seem to defacate and urinate in the dirt area of our backyard when its wintertime. He insists on going on my nice driveway next to both of my CRUISERS.The smell is driving me insane!!
Sooo, my question is, does anyone have a remedy to this issue without blocking my driveway completely off from him to walk on?

How about taking him out on a leash? Or tie him up with a rope that won't reach to the driveway. There are endless possibilities.

does he sleep there? in the winter they get lazy and sh*t where they sleep, make him sleep somewhere else, or get an inflatable christmas blow up thing, the giant ones with the internal fans and lights and it freaks the hell out of my dogs and they will not go near it thats what I do with my golden retreiver anyways....

Um, dogs don't s*** where they sleep. That's the whole principle behind crate training...

How about taking him out on a leash? Or tie him up with a rope that won't reach to the driveway. There are endless possibilities.

I'd rather not tie him up as the yard is already gated off so he can't get out.

does he sleep there? in the winter they get lazy and sh*t where they sleep, make him sleep somewhere else, or get an inflatable christmas blow up thing, the giant ones with the internal fans and lights and it freaks the hell out of my dogs and they will not go near it thats what I do with my golden retreiver anyways....

He sleeps in his dog house near the back door.
Its actually the cruisers that scare the shait out of him(wuss).
I kind of think its his way of getting back at me!

ramble much?

My dog has stopped his daily pooping in my house, it didn't happen with loving caresses. I'm happy, the dog is happy (and alive), my family is happy.

Catch him in the act. Use an air horn or hose. Also, give him treats and positive reinforcement when he goes in the area you want him to.

Or, get yourself a pooper scooper and collect some other dogs poo. Place it where you want him to go. He'll instinctively go there to try and one-up the interloper.

Catch him in the act. Use an air horn or hose. Also, give him treats and positive reinforcement when he goes in the area you want him to.

Or, get yourself a pooper scooper and collect some other dogs poo. Place it where you want him to go. He'll instinctively go there to try and one-up the interloper.

I didn't think anyone can remember when they were potty trained.

:flipoff2:

lunyou

Put yo foot in that stinkin' ass dog!

John_Witherspoon_1.jpg

:meh:

When my kids piss in the yard, the next thing you know, one of our dogs will trot over there and squirt on the same spot.

Put pennies inside an aluminum can and shake it when you catch him doing it. Dogs don't like that sound and he'll get the picture.

Find dead dog, find dead dogs crap. Leave dead dog and dead dogs crap in driveway. Maybe fido will get the hint.

Actually my St. Bernard tends to get lazy in the winter too. If there is snow on the ground and the spirit moves him he will build a cabin. My neighbor found one in her driveway the hard way. After his cabins freeze it seems her Ford Focus wagon is not all terrain enough to drive over such an obstacle. She was late for work, can you imagine telling your boss you were late for work because the neighbors dog s*** in your driveway and you got stuck on it?

Anyway, I stuck his nose in it and yelled at him just like when he was a puppy. Then the neighbors lab came over and ate the frozen turds. What a good dog. Now my St. B doesn't crap anywhere it snows any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom