hood lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorvald

Threads
Website
www.pointyhatdesigns.com
if this has been covered before, let me know.
is there a easy way (or a hard way) to make a 71 fj40 hood a locking one. any parts could buy, say off an older model that would retrofit?

i had a remote locking device it consisted of a cable to a pin that went through a u shaped plate that locked a l shaped plate which was attched to the hood. cant rember where i baught it maybe jc whittney. worked well just pulled a knob in the dash to unlock. hope this helps good luck

I know they make a key lock for the Heep hoods, I have one. might try looking into retrofiting one of those.

Opps I have one on the chicks Heep, not my cruiser.

http://www.thinkjeep.com/manufacturers/steelhorse/security/

this is a hood lock that has been discussed on the LCML I am thinking of using. Made for a jeep but from what others have said it can be used on a 40, although the starter kill part of the unit may not work? Not sure if I will use but just an idea. My project is WAY far away from this type of thing.

Guppie

the jeep one looks alright, wonder if theres any way to put a door lock in the key lock one and get it keyed the same as ignition?
thought about the padlock route, but could see being on the mountain with a problem and the key back at home :ugh:

One of my friends just put a eye bolt on the middle of the hood, on the front, facing down, and another eye bolt, slightly offset on the front bib facing up, so that he could run a standard lock between them, locking the hood to the front bib.  Not pretty, but effective.

-H-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom