Honda XL600 Enduro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took my 2 stroke KDX to Hollister today. After the rains last week the traction was awesome.

I was looking for the XL600r for a long time. Those Translaps are very nice. Thumbs up.

The only modification I'm doing besides cosmetics and maintenance is putting on a widescreen. I have a universal one being sent that I got on the cheap to use for a while and check to see if I like the height but then a Cee Bailey screen is on order. Don't know if I'm getting the commuter or the sports addition. I do know I like the dark tint.

image.jpeg

I shipped my KTM to the Philippines last year and rode around the three big islands and had a blast.

The KTM 990 is mine, my brother has the BMW GS800 and the KLR650 was my cousin's.

Adventure bikes are fun!

What size motor is on your KTM? Very nice bike although newer than my style, an electric start would be nice. Finding top dead center on mine is a work in progress when kicking it over.

What size motor is on your KTM? Very nice bike although newer than my style, an electric start would be nice. Finding top dead center on mine is a work in progress when kicking it over.

It's 990cc. It's a lot of power though. I came from the KLR650. That is why I don't remove the saddle bags just to have more weight. I had to put an auxiliary fan on the radiator prior to the trip because the KTM's don't like hot weather...

I'm a bit concerned about the 107* August temps here. Will have to wait and see.

Got a little care package from Latvia while I was in CONUS.

New hard cases from Batanga Case.

View attachment 1206580 View attachment 1206581
Those are great! Expensive for sure. I have decided to sell my 40 and buy a new Vstrom. Will be posting it in the for sale section this weekend. Hopefully will get around $8,000 to pay for a new bike. Might have a few grand to make up but payments will be around 40 a month. Doable.

Any chance you can get a deal on those cases? Are they cheaper in Asia?

They wound up being around $830 for all 3 cases, matching locks, the mounting brackets and shipping from Latvia to the US. All in all not that expensive for a full set of hard aluminum cases and mounts:meh:

The only bad things I have to say about them is,

1. They don't come wth any templates for drilling the holes for the main containers. definitely measure 3 times, drill once.

2. The locks they come with, you can only remove the key if they are in the locked position. I use the center box to store my helmet and gloves, so I have to unlock them every time. Minor hassle, I know:meh:

Good value, and if you want to save a few bucks, wait until the Euro rate dives.

Last edited:
Really like the color of your Tranny. That green is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom