Honda CB350F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.
Some of you know I was given a late '74 Honda CB350F a few months ago, I finally have it registered, with a learners permit.
If you dont know, My father bought it ne, had to sell shortly there after, My Grandfather bought it and would drive it to and from work for years, Then my dads older brother got it somehow, Had it for some years, Then it went to my dads younger brother who had it in storage since about 1996 till a few months ago when he called to see if anyone wanted it, Since he was moving out of state, I said hell yes! Now its mine.
My parents were going through some old files and found a bunch of old pic's, Here I am with my dad back in 1974 going for a ride.

4919905437_5c19a9418a.jpg

More pic's can be seen here from when I got the bike from my Uncle, Here

74 Honda CB350F

Last edited:
Shame you don't have the original 4 into 4 exhaust on it still. Good looking bike other than the fairing.

Shame you don't have the original 4 into 4 exhaust on it still. Good looking bike other than the fairing.

The 4 into 4 exhaust rusts out so quick, They are getting very difficult to find, From what I have heard, But I think there are other aftermarket offerings, I just didnt put any money into it yet other than baselining and registration.
I may someday refurb the bike, But I have far too many pots on the fire.

I have been looking at exhaust for my cb450 today. I think I have figured out what I want. I am just pissed that is going to cost me 3x what the bike did. :doh:

The lighting was all wrong and the angle was a little off, Not to mention my attire... I tried to get Max to go out while the sun was higher, But he didnt want to go, Michelle finally encouraged him to go and bribed him with a soda.

viola!

4919905437_5c19a9418a.jpg

4921741939_abf2e1b844.jpg

Not to mention I look fat, I only weigh 160lbs, I guess its time to start working out again.

I had to go through the 4 carbs again today, I did it a couple of months ago just to get all the varnish out of them.
This time I was taking my daughter for a ride and I had to switch to the reserve tank, I guess I may have sucked up some crud or something because it ran like complete crap afterwords, So now I need to go through the tank and clean it out well.
I brought the carbs to work to run them through the ultrasonic and check the idle valve, Which is just a small hole in a piece of brass, The hole is just a little larger than a typical wire wheel bristle, So it wont take much to clog it up.
I was having some idling issues as well, so hopefully this takes care of it.

5866850748_d071fa542b_z.jpg

5866850990_eff69ff694_z.jpg

Here are a couple of after pic's, They look about the same as before, I did more cleaning to the inside than last time, Last time I was suggested to use hot water Simple Green, It worked to some degree, But I dont think it will be as good as the ultrasonic.
It also looks like I need to adjust the pistons(I forget what they are called) so thay are all close to the same opening.

Yay me!
All is back together and working great.
I had to re sync the carb's but that didn't take long.
I was even brave enough to hit the Interstate, I got it up to 70mph on the speedometer and I was still getting passed...
Happy to be back in the saddle again.

I rode a CB350 of that era in the late 70s but it was a twin.

Great pics.

Cruiserdrew said:
I rode a CB350 of that era in the late 70s but it was a twin.

Great pics.
sweet!
Thanks.

The carbs can certainly be a PITA, But now that I have them in order, Things are coming together, I have a new set of tires in the garage awaiting install, The shop I bought them from will install for free if I take the wheels in off the motorcycle, I don't know if this is at many shop's But I like it.

Nothing too special, Kenda tires, Front is a 90/90 18 Cruiser S/T, Rear is a Challenger 110/90 18, Both H rated(130MPH, Like I'm ever going to see that kind of speed...)

5873930622_048bcc9cd5_z.jpg

5873931134_2eb1b51f8a_z.jpg

Trying to figure out the new tire size compared to the old tires was a chore, But I finally left it up to the motorcycle shop.

Good to hear of another fossil getting it's second life.

sweet!
Thanks.

The carbs can certainly be a PITA, But now that I have them in order, Things are coming together, I have a new set of tires in the garage awaiting install, The shop I bought them from will install for free if I take the wheels in off the motorcycle, I don't know if this is at many shop's But I like it.

Nothing too special, Kenda tires, Front is a 90/90 18 Cruiser S/T, Rear is a Challenger 110/90 18, Both H rated(130MPH, Like I'm ever going to see that kind of speed...)

5873930622_048bcc9cd5_z.jpg

5873931134_2eb1b51f8a_z.jpg

Trying to figure out the new tire size compared to the old tires was a chore, But I finally left it up to the motorcycle shop.

Same rear tire I have on my 750. Mine is a little wider.

Finally had them installed, They seem to fit the fenders tighter, My speedo is a tad off now, I used my GPS to see what the difference was, At 40MPH on the GPS, The speedo reads about 42-43MPH, Not too bad, I just need to remember to travel a little faster per the Speedo.
Side note, My wife worked Farmers Market with me and she rode with me on the motorcycle, Its only about a 50 mile round trip, But it seemed to travel well with the two of us, Average speed is 40-45MPH with some 55MPH, The morning ride was perfect, But its still somewhat cool at 5:30AM, The drive home on the other hand in 92+ deg. temps and leathers was not much fun, But there was a slight rain shower half way home, Kind of crazy sunny with minimal clouds.
Honked and waved in the direction of the TrunkMonkeys house as we passed(not that he would have heard us)
Another year under my belt with this one, It passed inspection with flying colors, But the registration seems to be costing more, It was $69 this year, I swear it was at least $10 less last year...

Holy s***. $69? You have got to be kidding. Mine was only $18

Been riding the CB350F all week and it has rained 3 out of the last 5 days, No worries :)
Its been nice.
Thinking about adding some small saddle bags, My Uncle gave me some with it that just need to be fitted and have the rear turn signals moved.
They look similar to this, But have been painted to match and they have two chrome looking rings around them.

220px-CB350F.jpg

Thoughts?

saddle bags on hold for now, Just ordered a new set of sprockets and chain, I will be happy to have this back together, I opted for a higher tooth count to add a little top end, At the moment, It will do 65MPH, But its at nearly 6500RPM's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom