Builds HJ75 Pick up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The intake rubber was over stretched with the engine swap so we made a few cuts on the stock intake to change the angle.
I'm hopping this will keep the boot in fair condition for another 31 years.
AIR CLEANER LID 001.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great mate

I painted the intake, rocker box, thermostat housing and the turbo intakes with VHT high temp engine enamel and then baked in my 6 burner outside rotisserie. I left the timing cases after scrubbing for days I should have taken a bit more time and painted them but there not seen unless under the truck.

Last edited:
I spent 2 days installing sound deadener foil and the 12 mm thick heat and acoustic liner with my new trufit carpet on top. I done the whole truck with the foil except the floor pans as I want to be able keep a eye on them after heavy rain creek crossing etc. The underlay was one piece in the back but decided to cut the front in three sections so I can pull each floor with out having to strip the seats I just need to pull the kick trims pull carpet back and remove to dry.
under lay and carpet 004.JPG
View attachment 1255403
underlay and carpet 002.JPG

Thanks mate it's been a long haul getting my old girl on the road in man hours alone not to mention dollars but it's all worth it. :)
I unbolted these overides this morning as the truck was skipping over the pot holes causing some server jarring after sitting for years with the springs rusting together . I took her for a drive and had spring movement so back home on jacks with screwdrivers and cold chisels spraying between springs with silicon to help get the parts moving. I then took her on a rough climb through the local rain forests. Oh what a feeling on the way home no more jarring but quite pleasant with full spring movement.

springs 005.JPG

Last edited:
The steering had some bump steer going on so I replaced the dampener. Wow what a difference that made to driving this truck.

dampener 001.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good mate like the number plates

Bloody cane toads it's about ....... time for the cock roaches to win. :worms:
Yeh mate there off the 60 series but I have 4 sets off rims with new tyres so I swap them around as pleased but to be honest these are the best on the road to date but there only 2 ply walls so I'm expecting to hole the side walls around my neck off woods. :)
When you get your truck on the road you and chappo should cruise to coffs so I can show you guys around the local rain forests and beaches for fishing and sight seeing.
1416298213888_Image_galleryImage_demharmOh_what_a_feeling_.JPG

I will take you up on that mate. I've been wanting to go to Coffs for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom