Builds HJ75 Pick up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heavy sheet metal................. pics to fallow when I unpack. :)

Last edited:
I liked having a sunvisor on my 80 series I never had to wear my sun glasses when I had it

The 12ht has another day or two left in it then I start on the engine swap. :)

12HT engine rebuild

12ht head 002.JPG

12ht 001.JPG

Last edited:
The hardest part is removing the grease and dirt from the pores in the casting with numerous applications of degreaser and scrubbing. I then used a oven cleaner a couple of times as it seemed to be pulling oil and dirt from the castings. I then used aluminum cleaner/brightener to get what you see. I should give it a clear coat or silver engine enamel to preserve as it will look like crap again in a few months.

12ht turbo mounted 001.JPG

Last edited:
I pulled the 2h today will send the radiator out to be cleaned and have the flywheel machined because it was shuddering on clutch release.
I might spend tomorrow degreasing, cleaning and painting under the bonnet to tart her up a bit for the engine. Jeff my panel beater/painter decided to GMH black the fire wall with out my consent he did mean well so I let it ride.
I can fix it. :)

2h coming out 001.JPG
2h coming out 006.JPG
12ht 001.JPG

Last edited:
Brother, that engine is sexy. reminds me of what I did with one of my old cars, 91' CRX Si. I imported a D16ZC motor and rebuilt it from scratch. However I painted the block and head lime green to spot oil leaks easier.

Looking good oz

I got oil pressure today so should be able fire up tomorrow once the fuel system and vac lines etc are hooked up. :)

Video pls

Will do Chappo on the next one
This was a shake down start up with no plumping or turbo just to make sure it had no knocks/rattles/leaks etc.

Last edited:
Perfect...Looks right at home there.

You need to paint the 'Turbo' red though!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom