HJ61 Shift Lever install. HELP NEEDED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I have a 1989 HJ61. Right side drive. Previous owner had welded a snapped shift lever on. It re-snapped. I got a replacement lever from Spectre Off-Road in the hopes it would be compatible. It is not (see photo).

My next best thought is to cut off the new lever and weld on to the old assembly as I seriously doubt I will be able to find a shift assembly. Anyone have any thoughts?

Here is a photo of the shifter. Old broken shifter on the right. New one on the left. Obviously not compatible.

IMG_3727.JPG

Any clue what tranny is in it?

How about welding the old shifter back together?

Dyno

So pull that POS off the tranny and snap in the correct shifter that you ALREADY OWN.
(Yes, I went there)

HA!

I've never seen that type of top adapter/component before. I'm with Jim, take it off and install the shifter you just received.

I know Marlin makes a short throw kit but very different than that, IIRC.

J

HA!

I've never seen that type of top adapter/component before. I'm with Jim, take it off and install the shifter you just received.

I know Marlin makes a short throw kit but very different than that, IIRC.

J
Yeah, I'm not entirely positive the shifter I just bought will work (I think it's pitched for left side drive). Anyone have any clues how to remove this adapter? It appears to be threaded on, but I can get it to budge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom