Hj61 sahara overhaul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I dont know what it is, but there is somethin about the gloss flares that look amazing to me.

SWEET truck my friend

-Carl

Thanks guys but NQ its far from finished,i had to drive it back to nsw without carpet etc cause it didn't turn up,the roof trim should be quite good noise and heat wise,im sure 5mm of neo rubber then carpet on top will be quieter then more or less just the old headliner.
Ive got a few more weeks of finishing the interior off but im in no rush so it may take longer,ive also just had 3 months off work,interstate shift,cruiser refurbish etc etc,ahh its time for me to stop spending, get back to reality and make some money:crybaby:

Mechanically it needs:
Box and transfer rebuild
Clutch
New rear diff
Swivel hubs(peace of mind really)
Water pump + hoses etc(peace of mind)
New exaust,turbo housing,maybe rebuild turbo,increase boost:bounce::bounce2:
I shouldn't make lists,it scares the s*** out of me:D

IS that a Tasmanian Rainbow?

It's lookin good, I would be tempted to carry the black all the way to the back as it relates to the area around the rear side windows from gutter to a couple inches below.

Wow, it looks really clean, what a great version of the 60 to have so nicely done

Goldchaser
That is unreal. Totally inspirational work. I can't wait to get paint on my rig now... looks phenomenal.
Thanks again for posting
Koby

IS that a Tasmanian Rainbow?

It's lookin good, I would be tempted to carry the black all the way to the back as it relates to the area around the rear side windows from gutter to a couple inches below.

Wow, it looks really clean, what a great version of the 60 to have so nicely done

No a fish from NSW trapper,good area but you gotta hike 4-5 hrs to get there,all the fish are roughly 1 kg up,spawn run rainbows.
Good trout for australia.

Ive been working a little on the interior of the truck,photos next couple of days,maybe not tomorrow,im off to see ACDC.

Heres a few shots of the interior guys,still far from finished.
The seats are stratos(they sold some under the auto one name)with the pump up lumber support,when you pump them you feel like a doctor taking someones blood pressure.

Got the carpet and wheel well covers,pretty good quality.
seats (Medium).JPG
carpet (Medium).JPG
carpet2 (Medium).JPG

The roof trim.
Rear overhead storage box with a couple of 6x9 speakers in it.

Rear storage,i still have to make the draws and some lids.
roof (Medium).JPG
rear box (Medium).JPG
rear storage (Medium).JPG

I love the drawer system, would do one myself but I hate woodworking lol you can't weld it together

Third battery box in the rear,one aux battery is nice two is great,2 at 80 ah i have running the stereo,fridge,led lights i have yet to fit,charging points for our gold detectors and of course my 12 volt hair dryer :D
3batt (Medium).JPG

That overhead speaker/storage is NICE very :banana:

Good to see that it is still progressing. And top work too.

gold detectors ... :hmm:

Hay Dave any more progress???

The roof trim.
Rear overhead storage box with a couple of 6x9 speakers in it.

Rear storage,i still have to make the draws and some lids.

I have been wondering what to do wiht my ugly, worn out headliner. Now I know... That looks great!

Hey guys and matt,i havent touched the truck for weeks,ive been away working,i only come home a couple of days a week,breezed in tonight and im off again tomorrow.
Ive been helping a mate rebuild an old bush pub for another guy we know,its a tough gig,bistro style lunch supplied every day,then a few :beer: when we knock off,i bought a bush block nearby so i camp at the cabin most of the week.
You guys would like all the old cruzas and 75's gettin around their.

The interior is far from done.
If you line the roof like mine make sure you remove ALL the old glue,i had a area i cleaned up but left the old glue on there,the self adhesive insulation has lifted in a couple of small spots on that old glue,the rest of the roof it stuck like s*** to a blanket,it likes a smooth surface to bond to,glueing the carpet to the insulation worked well,it will never come apart,one coat of contact adhesive on the carpet to seal it,leave it for a while then a second coat and one on the mateing surface of course.

The truck is so quiet is not funny,the combination of rear storage area,fat matt and dynamatt,carpet and thick jute plus the roof insulation,all new seals and wagongears door seals has made it a very nice truck to drive,now i need to get it back off my wife:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom