HJ45 GLOW AND STARTER QUESTION (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,,,Just seeing if anyone else has had this exact (or close) problem. I have a 1980 (early) HJ45 with the H diesel. Ran pretty well the first several months. Hold the key to glow position for 12-15 sec and it would start right up! But after sitting uncranked for about a month, all I get is the single click every time i turn the key. Also, please note that at the same time this started, I notice the volt meter doesnt "draw down" when I hold key in "glow" position, so no power to glow. Battery good,,,,no apparent blown fuses (that I see),,,and if you use the ol screwdriver to the starter trick, it does turn over. So got me scratching my head. Lostmarbles showed me an awesome wiring diagram that suggest a fusible link may be blown,,but doesnt seem to be the case as far as I can tell. Unless fuses are fine, but another fault in wiring?
This is photo of fuse box that is attached directly to battery. Does this look original? Anybody else have this setup? Anywhere else there may be fuses? (other than the regular fuses under dash next to clutch)

1134369-f757460025db07672491fe2372dde355.jpg

Looks like some one added those they are fusible links in newer vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom