Hinomoto Tractor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy All! I have one problem on my Dads compact tractor I want to ask about. The monster is a Hinomoto E14D 4X4.:eek: The scenario is that a couple of time a year the hydraulic filter gets gummed up with some type of pasty gumbo s*** and looses all strength. It comes back around after a service but it doesn't seem one should have to do this twice a season:confused: it only gets used maybe 30 hours yearly. Any insight on this Blue Devil from Hell ? Thanks :cheers:

Hinomoto? Good God Man! :frown: anyway, the gumbo you are referring to is paraffin..... the oil is breaking down under stress and trying to return back to its natural state....it may have an internal leak in a circuit causing the oil to overheat....IIRC it doesn't have a filter, just a very fine screen on the pickup tube located in the final drive....... anyway... do a search on hydraulic oils and select a better grade oil than your using........:cheers:

You're saying that you clean the screen, but have you changed the hydraulic oil?

If not, I agree with grant and add that synthetic hydraulic oil might solve your problem forever. problem is that some tractors use a heck of a lot of hydraulic oil. My little Kubota with it's auto trans needs about five GALLONS of the stuff.

Thanks for the replies :beer: We use Super Tech oil in this little tractor and from what I understand its supposed to be a good oil. I know it is packaged for Wal-Mart but made by Quaker State. Any thoughts on that fact :confused: Thanks :cheers:

It's odd for any oil except diesel to develop life on it's own, but I'm not sure that there's a huge difference between diesel and the hydraulic oils sold for tractor use. Additives for sure, but the base is probably similar. Since a common problem with diesel in cold climate is the growth of fungal worlds and the formation of a waxy substance maybe that's what you're getting.

I don't think that it'd do much harm to add a few ounces of one of the 'treatment' type products sold for adding to diesel fuel to improve lubricity and hinder the growth of fungi while keeping down the waxy buildup. ( :) ) Even if it doesn't help it will do some good in the fuel tank.

I know it is packaged for Wal-Mart but made by Quaker State. Any thoughts on that fact

I'm under the impression Wally World bought a Q-State, Pennzoil and a Mobil refinery and the Warren Oil Group operates and packages the product to Wally's spec.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom