high steer--new question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

theferg

SILVER Star
Threads
Sorry, I know there are a million posts and threads on Toyota high steer, but there is no info on this specific aspect of them...I've searched this site (and others) plenty of times on it...

So, are there any that work with stock length Tie Rod and Relay Rod/Drag Link for an FJ60 or are custom lengths required for every one of them? (I know about taper for TRE's--that's not the issue here--it's the length. And I know about strength of custom vs stock rods--that's not the issue here either--it's LENGTH). I know a double-arm works with stock length rods, but what about high steer arms? I have checked all the places that have them, and none of them state whether or not they work with stock rods. They all sell the arms separate from full kits, and that's what brings me to this question...

I'm gonna say no....mostly because the tie rod on a FJ40 uses such a long end on the passenger side....all the aftermarket kits require a longer tie rod since they use all the "shortie" ends and a longer drag link as well since it's no longer inset by a few inches like stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom