HF Badlands 12k on sale for $292 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For the Toyota Land Cruiser: 0 parts made in China.

Drive belts: Made in USA by Mitsuboshi
May be true, but what about all those glitzy FJC wheels that lots of 80s guys are running? Lots of them say "made in China" on them.

Are those made for a Toyota Land Cruiser?

No.

All Toyota Land Cruiser parts for the US market are made in Japan.

The belts are made in the USA by Mitsuboshi.

I don't need a winch at all. Never have. But if I'm going well nch then it means I potentially do stuff out of my comfort range, which is fine. Hydraulic gives me more options to use in more situations and more reliably. Hmm, I think a flame war is about to begin :(
Oh, not from me. I just wonder with the ease of use, proven reliability (depending on winch), and the abundance of options why your go-to choice would be hydraulic. They're monsters, but there's also a complexity involved that I'd rather not get into (you seem to be the king over over doing things though, so I'll love to see what you come up with).

And the badlands winch is not something I'd purchase. Tonsofun has one on his 80 and I believe it died first time out after it grounded internally to the case. I know a person can take it back and get another one, but that kind of thing gets old.

Are those made for a Toyota Land Cruiser?

No.

The belts are made in the USA by Mitsuboshi.

My point is that many 80 owners are running Chinese parts with great success. I spent over 3 years in China, and I know they can make both cheap and/or inexpensive parts .

Japanese used to be considered cheap junk 50 years ago-copying all our stuff-like Jeeps, chevy sixes and truck axles, Dana 18 t/c and that's when they had started bringing the first Toyotas over, you know, the ones that started it all. Now you have cheap stuff being made in countries I've never even heard of.

Well sort of, but not quite. What about oil filters? What about wheel bearings for late 80's?

But I hate China junk too.

This winch looks like $300 pissed away.

Spend $500 on a used 8274.

Just ask yourself if anything electrical you got from harbor freight is still good after 3 years and I think you'll know why this winch is a POS and not worth the effort to mount it.

China is not doing their best work for Harbor Freight. No doubt, they are capable of great work. So ask yourself, is this really what you want?

read the fine print too.

2015-03-07 09.28.14.jpg

why don't you print it and take it to your local store? Better yet while there look for their fliers, I am sure they have those coupons too.

It probably doesn't work because it cannot be combined with other discounts as it states in the fine print. Just my guess.

They will not let you use the 20% in store, I tried it yesterday. The online code was working when I tried it but they may have caught on. I think technically you should not be able to combine them. If you do get it to work its a pretty smoking deal at about $250 for a 12k winch !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom