HF Badlands 12k on sale for $292 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now through Sunday. I know this isn't technically tech, but neither is the Sears Diehard thing and it pops up every month ;)

Btw, I just picked mine up this morning. Since it will need re clocked anyway I'm thinking about taking it completely apart and sealing everything up nice and tight, replacing the grease with some good synthetic, then adding a vent with protected location from water.

Sounds interesting, can you post about your process of taking it apart?

Dammit. I'm not in the market but this may be too good of a deal. If anything I could use it as a rear winch later on down the road once I finally get the hydraulic winch for the front.

Why do you need or want a hydraulic? The chance of needing that kind of duty cycle is remote.

I don't need a winch at all. Never have. But if I'm going well nch then it means I potentially do stuff out of my comfort range, which is fine. Hydraulic gives me more options to use in more situations and more reliably. Hmm, I think a flame war is about to begin :(

I'll get us back on track.
Use code 16111785 and get 20% off the sale price :grinpimp:

image.jpg

However, I had this winch and won't buy another one.

Cuz I was in the snow, facing up hill, against a tree/brush and that POS hardly/didn't budged me. Now, of course it could have been the angle of the dangle, but good thing I had another rig with me that I ended up hooking up to with a snatch block and yanking me sideways a bit then back... Anyhow, I also lost my phone that day, pretty sure in the snow somewhere Cuz of all the in and out and winch not budging me, so there are some serious negative associations for me.. :mad: Anyhow, in my book it's money :flush: on this thing. Also, I've heard stories of it not working right out of the box either.

Last edited:
Because **** made in China does not belong on a Toyota Land Cruiser.... I don't care what anyone says.

:flipoff2:

You mean like most of the later model Toyota factory wheels? How many other Toyota parts are made in China?

For the Toyota Land Cruiser: 0 parts made in China.

Drive belts: Made in USA by Mitsuboshi

Last edited:
I had that same badlands winch on my TJ but in the 9k versioni. Beat on it for about 3 years without issue. Probably used it 50-60 times in that 3 year span. Probably 80% of that was pulling idiots in the snow out of ditches off the edge of the highway. The other 20% was trail use. Never had an issue with it. I also bought it on sale and with the 20% off coupon. At that time it cost me $250. The guy I sold it to still uses it 5 years later and quite regularly with still no issues. I now have the rough country 12k one and I'm pretty sure they are made in the same factory. It's hard to tell them apart minus the stickers. My rough country one has been very reliable as well for the last few years. Here's the link. They are VERY similar in design and quality. Low end but functional and reliable. HF has a much better price though.
http://www.roughcountry.com/electric-winch-rs12000.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom