Hey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

96Cruiser,
I got mine through Man-A-Fre. They did need a washer that I bought locally so that they could be installed correctly. The shoulder at the end that gets clipped to the frame bracket was too small and would pass through. There might be a better option out there now as this was almost 3 years ago.

Doug,
The Man-a-Fre SS brake lines still require the washer but it's not a big deal. George's web site has all the details and pictures. The set is around $100 including shipping but they are well worth the additional cost over rubber brake lines.

I have p/n's for longer rubber brake lines from Carquest (?) You'll need 2 front and 1 rear. The aftermarket lines are for 2 of those 3 and nobody has posted a source for the 3rd hose.

The stock brake lines on my 97 were long enough for the stock shocks with OME 50mm lift. You have to loosen a brake line bracket for the spring install but once you get the springs in the brake lines are OK.

-B-

A footnote:

Be cautious about the routing of the rear axle hose. Under compression a longer hose can wander dangerously close to the exhaust pipe where it travels over the axle.

Been there, burned one, scared the :urinate: outa me when I hit the brakes :eek:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom