HEY GUYS! Newbie here, just bought a '97 FZJ80 today!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! 6300 is good especially for a white cruiser w/ lockers! White is the preferred color down here in the valley of the sun…

Nice find! I wouldn't put much stock in the stock oil pressure gauge, just make sure it's got enough oil of the correct viscosity. You'll want to baseline the rig with the fluids and general working condition. The FAQ is a great resource for making sure everything is working as it's supposed to. These trucks are very capable and fun. Work on it and enjoy it on the trail!

At least you get to skip the pleasure of taking off rusty running boards, looks like someone beat you to that hazing/ritual/rite of passage/knuckle skin removing exercise.

Congrats on your find! Decent miles, lockers, and you're happy! Pics look good too! Years of enjoyment left.

Don't let the rust worry you too much, treat it the best you can and move on. Drive it like you stole it but then treat her to some loving. Repeat until no longer necessary.

This dashboard, gauges and HVAC buttons look like new......

20150418_102305.jpg

Hello Todd and welcome to the Land Cruiser 80 Series Family here on iH8Mud

There is a wealth of information here and everyone is always willing to help whether it's on the forum or your local cruiser heads. Like I said it's a family

Cheers,

Frank

This dashboard, gauges and HVAC buttons look like new......
Welcome , pretty much those buttons hold up through time , it's the bulbs that gets toasted .

I'm in delaware , been to pine barrens on my fjcruiser years back.

If it's oily it ain't rusting!!!!

Congrats! I just bought one two and have really been studying them. Good luck on it!

:confused: why would you study the truck instead of wheeling it ? :steer:

[I really am not against studying at all]

welcome fellow tri-stater! 6300 for a collectors with lockers under 200k is VERY good out here. oil leak could be as simple as a valve cover gasket. i have yet to do mine. as soon as i get home in 2 weeks, thats first, then PHH. head gasket lore is all over the map, but i think the key is not letting it ever overheat or approach it. could last 400k. enjoy! be happy gas is super cheap right now. :)

Basically researching mods and how I want to build it. There's so much to read here on Mud! I can't wheel it because it had a thrown rod when I bought it. But, we'll get there eventually!

At least you have a real collectors edition! Recently I thought I bought one, but it turned out to be a fake! :bang:

Says the guy criticizing someone for "overpaying"... HAHAHAHAHA

Todd, enjoy your 80. As long as you feel comfortable with the price who cares what anyone else thinks. I've never overpaid for any of my Land Cruisers but I've regretted the ones I didn't buy. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom