Hey All New Guy Checking In. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everybody,

I am checking in to say hello to everyone. A little background on my situation. I am currently driving a 2003 4Runner V8 and have put over 100k Miles on it and have been very happy with the truck. However my family is growing to 4 soon with plans for 5 so I am looking to educate myself on the 100 series. I was referred to IH8MUD from some of the fellas on T4R Forums.

There are some pretty nice rides that I have seen already and I look forward to contributing!

Cheers
Maineiac

There is a lot of info on here if you search, the FAQ will answer most questions that come up pre purchase. Since you have the V8 4Runner you are probably familiar with the engine and the maintenance required. Good luck with the search and the growing family.

Welcome to MUD! You'll love the 100 series. If you don't already know, most '06-'07 LC's and all LX's came with AHC. In New England, many of those trucks I looked at needed AHC work due to the corrosion of the components. This can get spendy. If not fixed, you'll be driving down the road like a stink bug (back high, front low) - seen it many times here in the Boston area.

Not sure how the underside of your 4R has held up, but rust is the main concern when looking at local rigs. Upper tailgate clamshell by the door handle is a tell tale sign. If there's rust there, there's lots more where you can't see. If you're willing to fly and drive/ship - buy a rust free LC from TX or CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom