Hesitation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did the FI cleaner come in a small metal can? The dealer might not know to give you the card, or want to make more $$$$ from you...
kurt

I am going to dealer on Monday to have the hesitation checked along with the krazy tranny cable setup. They get $68 for a hour of diagnostics. I will have them hook up their computer and drive to see if all is well (EGR).
kurt

Kurt,
It will be interesting to hear what the dealer has to say. In my experience a hesitation from idle can be caused from the timing being too retarded. But, it flies in the face of your case since you said you also get a knock when you nail it which can be associated with the timing being too far advanced or too low octane gas. When I was a young lad and considered going to Mexico we were always told to back the timing down as they had really low octane gas there. Also, if your gas filter has been on for a year it it possible it could be plugged in that time if you have mucho dirt or water in your tank. Good luck!
Bill

I don't have a timing light. I should get one. I should of gotten a fuel pressure tester too.
I might go on a trip out west in AUG. I want to make sure all the electronic parts are OK.
kurt

Kurt,
I just put a Tee in the fuel line under the hood for a gauge. Some would like it in by the dash but under the hood works for me.
Bill

Bill,
It's ironic that you post the picture of your fuel pressure gauge. I was looking at a friend's V8 FJ60 yesterday and he had the same guage under the bonnet. I asked why he installed it and he said it was a good diagnostic tool.

Is there anything you haven't got on your truck?
-B-

-B-,
Yes, there are a couple of things I don't have but I'm working on it. :G
Bill

I had the hesitation check and the tech said it is normal to has a little lag. The throttle,tpi and maf all have to send signal to ecm and that takes a fraction of a second. I don't have the knock with the front drive shaft on. The whole vehicle moves up and down with the front drive shaft off.
They didn't charge me to look at the 80, but it did cost me $50 for a TRD air filter 8) I also got a new mast for the antenna.

Bill do you have a pic of your tranny cable too?
kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom