here we go again... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5308;start=msg42202#msg42202 date=1063824795]
A 305/70/16 tire mounted on a stock off-set 16 x 8 wheel will not rub with stock suspension.
[/quote]

Nah, go the 315/75 route. You need a lift anyway if you don't have one. You'll get a lift before your next tire change and you'll be kicking yourself for not buying the step larger.

BMT

We are close. I am between Gilbert and Stapley, just south of brown road (on Barkley).

Question-- have you found a local 80 mechanic you trust? I need some things done and just don't have the time to do it myself

Jared

Give Rick Beer a call 602-942-9603 . He works at the Discount tire on Bell Rd... I think at the Cave Creek store. He'd probably just call in your quote to the store nearest you.

Tell him you are a member of AZVJC (it's a j@@p club but he doesnt care what you drive). That should net you a slightly better price.

Ok.Looking to get these tires. I had some kid over at Costco swearing I cant put BFGs 285/295s on a stock suspension(the plan is to add OME 2.5" lift around Christmas) so until then its stock. Dont get me wrong I trust this forum over any kid working extra hours so he can buy neon ground lights for his Neon! but do I need to make any adjustments on the stock suspension to get alittle more clearance/room? I am assuming an alignment is a good idea.
eigth-o, Ill give Rick Beers a call and see what he can do. I have a guy at work with a Defender 90 and another co-worker with D. Ram looking to get the same tire so 15 tires vs. 5 tires should buy me a good deal.

Chris

Uh, late in the thread too, but IMO, get BFG M/Ts....The A/Ts keep on spinnin in loose stuff and mud. Also, i'm glad most of the people at Costco down here aren't stupid.....

Oh yeah......off topic, but what's the biggest tire you could run on a stock FZJ-80?? My uncle has 33x12.50 Mickey Ts on his '96, so just wonderin......

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5308;start=msg42202#msg42202 date=1063824795]
A 305/70/16 tire mounted on a stock off-set 16 x 8 wheel will not rub with stock suspension.
[/quote]

So, I guess you guys didn't read the whole thread?...... :slap:

[quote author=Hwn built link=board=2;threadid=5308;start=msg43335#msg43335 date=1064107780]
what's the biggest tire you could run on a stock FZJ-80[/quote]

Well my truck is close to stock. :D :flipoff2:

33's will fit ok with no lift, but may rub a tad if wheeling hard.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=5308;start=msg43365#msg43365 date=1064112573]
Well my truck is close to stock. :D :flipoff2:

33's will fit ok with no lift, but may rub a tad if wheeling hard.
[/quote]
Mahalos. I'm gonna try run 31x12.50 Boggers. My uncle has 33x12.50 Mickeys, but his is a street queen cause his wife drives it......

Uh, Boggers? :-\

No lateral traction. I can see it if you're all mud, but heck, may as well run scoops then. :flipoff2:

Seriously, if it's going street at all or anything other than mud, I'd pick something else. For goodness sake though, not 31" boggers. :slap: :flipoff2: :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=5308;start=msg43388#msg43388 date=1064120587]
Uh, Boggers? :-\

No lateral traction. I can see it if you're all mud, but heck, may as well run scoops then. :flipoff2:

Seriously, if it's going street at all or anything other than mud, I'd pick something else. For goodness sake though, not 31" boggers. :slap: :flipoff2: :D
[/quote]
Why not?? Get me a 5" Slee lift and i'll consider some 35s.....

But for reals. If I wanna buy tires, I wanna buy good ones. I've had TSLs, Thornbirds, and Boggers. I didn't have the Boggers too long(totaled the truck, long story), but they were good.....So I wanna get Boggers...why not??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom