Help! Need Rear Rotors for '97 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had uneven wear from inside to out and it was those spring slides. There were pretty trashed and full of Sh*t. They didn't allow one side of the pad to release. The pad actually wore angular because of it.
Right now I'm in the middle of a complete overhaul of the e-brake system. Second time in 2 years. First time I disassembled and cleaned, this time it's all new. Must be common up here as Desertmaster had this problem a few months back and when I went to the dealer everything was in stock :G.

Thanks for the suggestion txlandc. C-Dan was kind enough to help me out (including good discount and free ground shipping)--I should be getting my parts in the mail this afternoon, which means tonights the night for a little work. My indicators were on the pads still, though pretty well ground down by the time I found the problem (maybe I'm going deaf?), but I don't remember any noise until it was way too late.

Landtank: I have noticed that what you call the spring slides do get a bit jammed up with crud which could be preventing the pads from sliding a bit. I've always cleaned these up real well before reinstalling. I guess I'll just check more often and perhaps clean them out periodically if/when I have the wheels off.

Thanks,

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom