Hello (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! Just stopping by to formally introduce myself. I've been on MUD for awhile now but mainly for our local TLCA clubhouse. I've browsed this area several times and it's pretty rude that I didn't say hello.

So here's the meat and potatoes of it:

07' FJC upgrade packages 1 & 2
ARB bull bar w/ Warn M8000 winch
IPF fogs and off-road lights
ARB filler plate
Baja drop-in basket
Custom rear door storage
ATRAC hack
Extra 12V and USB chargers added
Panavise dash mount for phone
Usual blackouts (pillars, bezel and any other silver parts)
3" OME lift w/ 885s upfront and 895s in rear
Pure FJ sliders
FJToyman shock skids
Budbuilt diff skid
Uniden CB w/ Bandi mount and 3' fire stick
Custom shovel mounts on rack (ballast brackets and Quick Fists)
285-70-17 Cooper ST MAXX

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454429372.973106.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454429408.290293.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454429467.582751.jpg

I've done quite a bit of browsing and there are a lot of great stickies here. Nice work to all that contributed!

Previous Toyotas
84 & 86 4Runner
87 Pickup
Also a '14 Tundra that we use for a work rig.

Welcome... really like that first action shot of your FJC.
Thanks! I try to get out as much as possible. Our local club goes at the least every other month and sometimes every month in the summer.

I've followed a lot of your videos and advice throughout different phases of my build. Thanks for sharing so much information.

Question for ya, what pressures do you usually run in your your Maxx's during normal use and on the trail? Just ordered mine and I'm curious. Thanks.

I've run them at a few different PSI and have found that I like them best on the at 35. I started out at 32 but they just felt "heavy" in regards handling. I tried to run them at 40 on the hwy but they were too stiff for my taste. 35, for me, feels the best for both worlds and they have been wearing evenly at that as well. For light wheeling, greens and such, 18 works well but they are still rather stiff and there isn't much flex in the sidewalls. If we are going to wheel harder, more technical and rocky stuff, I drop them to 13 and they perform really well. They stick to the rocks and you'll notice a lot more sidewall flex.

I use the "Trailhead deflators" and have them preset to drop the pressure to 13-14 PSI. It makes quick and easy work of it.

I've run them at a few different PSI and have found that I like them best on the at 35. I started out at 32 but they just felt "heavy" in regards handling. I tried to run them at 40 on the hwy but they were too stiff for my taste. 35, for me, feels the best for both worlds and they have been wearing evenly at that as well. For light wheeling, greens and such, 18 works well but they are still rather stiff and there isn't much flex in the sidewalls. If we are going to wheel harder, more technical and rocky stuff, I drop them to 13 and they perform really well. They stick to the rocks and you'll notice a lot more sidewall flex.

I use the "Trailhead deflators" and have them preset to drop the pressure to 13-14 PSI. It makes quick and easy work of it.

Thanks so much!

Nicely equipped rig!

Where's that beach photo from? Looks like you're having fun although I don't see any fish.

Nicely equipped rig!

Where's that beach photo from? Looks like you're having fun although I don't see any fish.

Thanks! It's a never ending process. I'm working on swapping out the rear to a LT setup, finishing a storage box in the back and a few other armor inprovements. Just finished adding Spidertrax and replacing front hub assemblies.

The pic was from OBX. It wasn't a great week of fishing for sure! Didn't have much luck but it was relaxing. I'm not sure but everyone was struggling that week. Went into the local tackle shops several times to get the same info from everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom