1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight upgrade - 2 questions

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by bkgiii, Aug 12, 2003.

1. bkgiii

bkgiii SILVER Star

Good afternoon - for those of y'all that have done Christo's headlight harness upgrade, I have two questions:
    (1) What did you do with the excess wiring on DS @ battery?, and
    (2) I gots ta know - what's the gray box (diode) that was reomoved for? I hate to have extra parts....

:) Thanks

2. cary

cary

[quote author=bkgiii link=board=2;threadid=4286;start=0#msg31763 date=1060721287]
    Good afternoon - for those of y'all that have done Christo's headlight harness upgrade, I have two questions:
    (1) What did you do with the excess wiring on DS @ battery?, and

(2) I gots ta know - what's the gray box (diode) that was reomoved for? I hate to have extra parts....

:) Thanks
    [/quote]

1) It sits between the battery and headlight.

2) We could tell you, but then we would have to kill you. :-[ Seriously, I believe it diode to prevent feedback from high beams switching on low beams. This would be important if you had a single bulb with high and low beam filements because they would overheat. I think the basic harness is adepted to several different types of light setups.

Cary

3. bkgiii

bkgiii SILVER Star

Cary:

(1) Yep..mine too. I should have been clearer and asked if anyone had cut the excess out and reconnected;
    (2) makes sense..didn't consider that.

Thanks for the info.