HD Sway Bars with OME Suspensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

15Sep2003 (UTC -7)

[quote author=alia176 link=board=2;threadid=2133;start=msg41289#msg41289 date=1063608256]
Do most of you guys keep your sway bars connected while wheeling?
[/quote]

Yup, it's too much of a bother to remove/install 'em. Besides, there's not much difference. Mark Warner had his on, while I had my rear anti-sway bar removed, and we both scored nearly the same on the RTI ramp (check out the pictures). Of course, we both basically had the same setup.

Who has the new bushings and are they perhaps polyeurothane type? When I installed the springs and dropped the bars, I noticed that they looked worn. I would like to change them out as soon as I can...

Mark

[quote author=Imagery link=board=2;threadid=2133;start=msg41456#msg41456 date=1063656890]
Who has the new bushings and are they perhaps polyeurothane type? When I installed the springs and dropped the bars, I noticed that they looked worn. I would like to change them out as soon as I can...[/quote]
Get in touch with Cdude. :flipoff2: He'll fix ya up.

Recall noticing if the sway bar rates were ever given?

That information has never been published. Toyota rarely discloses that type of info.

In rare cases such as TSBs they may state that " 'X' has been changed to 'Y' to address this concern."

After reviewing threads regarding my inquisition into the FJC swaybar, realized the OE rates given ( from an engineer ) were backed into, using an Addco HD as the barometer.

You echoed his statement regarding the disclosure from Toyota.

Using available online calculators and inputting the OE sway bar parameters, results a rate for the rear that would be insufficient for a Camry, so back to square one.

I run mine with the 3" J lift without the sway bars. It's not a daily driver so I'm not worried about taking corners like a sports car. Super smooth and lots of articulation
when wheeling.

Delancy .... you get a gold star. Ive seen some good thread resurections but 10 yrs might be the winner.

Also cool Dan popped in within a day with the answer too. And man can ya look at his progress; evidently he used to have to reference catalogues back in 03 instead of the other way around :D

I didn't notice until you pointed out the date, but I was under the impression (from a thread that Woody replied in) that twelve months of inactivity closed the thread. ( or some other arbitrary length of time. Searching is painstaking, since no one continues on a relevant thread, but starts a new thread every time an exhaust stud is stripped, or wandering feel to wheel)

Guess that's debunked. Hahaha.

Through the test of time, CDan's still the man.....and I still have no answer on the sway bar rate. Bahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom